“A regular on our restaurant list”
Review of La Rancherita

La Rancherita
Ranked #160 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is our new favorite "cheap Mexican" restaurant. The food is fresher and tastier than others and service is always prompt. The cali burrito with slaw is fantastic, I usually end up taking half home for lunch the next day. And as previous reviews indicate, margaritas and large beers are BIG :)

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The food was great, service excellent, good location adjacent to Crabtree mall. Would def eat there again when in town, Good eating!!!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited this restaurant for the first time. It was a hot day and the waitress kept our drinks filled. The salsa for the chips was less than great-- too much cilantro. I got the chicken fajita quesadilla and my girlfriend got the baja fish tacos. The portions were large for the price and the food was very good as well. The restaurant itself is very vibrant with lots of colors and decorations. Overall it was a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have enjoyed this restaurant for a couple of years now. The food is consistent. Portions are generous. The waiters are efficient. Endless chips and salsa. Relaxed atmosphere with reasonable prices. Plenty of parking spaces. Vegetarian options. Best bet would be the spinach enchiladas. Chips are hot and crisp.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

If it's one thing I know, Mexican restaurant drink specials are typically epic. Not so at La Rancherita, which was quite the disappointment. The sangria was a bit of a disappointment (not much fruit and WAY too sweet). The salsa was simply, meh. The chips might have been fresh a few hours ago. I got the Veggie Chili Relleno and I was pretty darn excited when I saw it on the menu as you don't often see this meal vegetarian-ized (yup, that's right, I made up that word). But, it was only decent. Nothing too special but not horrible either. One friend got an enchilada and like it fine and the other got the Baja Fish tacos and she said hers were only decent as well.

Great service and fast food delivery is a plus but I won't be headed back anytime soon.