“Really Enjoyable Lunch!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Hudson, Ohio
“Really Enjoyable Lunch!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were in town doing a college visit at NC State. Wanted to "taste" the local flavor, so stopped here for lunch. They have a parking lot right behind the restaurant which made the stop that much easier. You can also see that they have a lot of outside seating, which I'm sure the college kids take advantage of especially in the evening. Other reviews I read said that it was a bar that served food, but I guess I was caught by surprise when I walked in and discovered that there aren't any real tables, just the bar. The curved bar takes up most of the room, but they added a shelf with bar stools that goes around the outer edge of the room for "additional" seating if you will. So sitting at the bar is pretty much the only option unless you don't mind sitting on a backless stool for lunch.

Dave was super friendly and in no time we had our menus. Good selection of a variety of sandwiches, I ordered a reuben, my daughter a corned beef, and my son a hamburger. We were watching the Olympics on the TV's, but Dave also kept us entertained and answered questions about life in Raleigh, the school, etc. The sandwiches were awesome - what I loved about mine in particular is that it wasn't what you normally see in restaurants these days. It wasn't piled so high with meat and toppings that you couldn't pick it up let alone eat it. It was just perfect - a good helping of meat and toppings that was easily manageable and so delicious! The homemade chips were good too - a nice touch. We really enjoyed our meal here and would love to go back if we lived in the area.

• Visited August 2012

Greenville, North Carolina
“Sadlack's Service is Superior”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

While at NC State for a visit, my daughter and I had lunch at Sadlack's Heroes on Hillsborough Street across from the Bell Tower. The lady behind the bar was friendly and prompt with the great food. She should instruct other restaurants on the way to deliver great customer service on a busy day. Kudos! Sadlacks exceeded our expectations. It may be small but the service is great. Thanks!

• Visited January 2012
Raleigh, NC
“great local pub”
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I have been going to Sadlack's for 19 years now. It is as close as you will get to a "local pub" in this area. There is a very diverse group of people going in there. It used to be a true dive until they closed for remodeling a couple of years back. They have expanded the menu since then, now including grilled chicken sandwiches, burgers, fries and sweet potato fries. They still have the original sandwich menu. The food is good and very
reasonably priced. They have live music on the back patio a few nights a week. They have a good selection of draft and bottled beers. But you have to drink
your draft beer in a plastic cup (a pet peeve of mine).

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“college themed - great sandwiches - puts Subway to shame”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

college themed - great sandwiches - puts Subway to shame

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Favorites: Dr. Frank's Special & The Big Mike consumed with can of Miller High Life while listening to live music...”
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Favorites: Dr. Frank's Special & The Big Mike
consumed with can of Miller High Life while listening to live music, which they have on a regular basis

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook