“Overall a good experience, with good pizza, just not the best”

Bella Monica Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 14, 2013

With all of the other great reviews, I almost feel guilty for not chiming in. So first, the positives.

Yes, service is excellent, atmosphere is nice, prices are reasonable, wine list is excellent, and yes, the place is pretty busy so reservations are recommended.

Now then, the pizza - very good, fresh ingredients, love the thinner crust. Still, as a pizza hound, I've had better, sorry, I just have. Especially left over - this one was a lot better fresh, but didn't stand up well to the left over test, and I love leftover pizza.

Will we go back? Absolutely. With all the good things going, I have to try a regular meal, like lasagna or something like that. Then, I'll come back and review again, hopefully join the rest of the crowd with an over the top positive experience to relate. : )

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Fantastic dishes, great wine, awesome service. Get a reservation on the weekends...if not, it's well worth the wait.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very friendly staff; offered us something to drink while we waited for a table. Chose their flatbread pizza which was heavenly - very flavorful.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went on a Saturday afternoon and sat outside. The restaurant was not full and our server was very cheerful yet we waited abysmally long for our meals, which were all rated only "ok" by our each at our table of 3. Bella Monica used to be a favorite and worth the wait but today's visit has slid this restaurant off of our list.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

the company where I work is not far from Bella Monica's, so I've eaten Bella Monica pizza before as takeout. For special occasions, my boss likes to treat us--and the pizza is amazing.

I "dined in" for the first time a few days ago. Because I'm on a fairly strict weight loss diet, I wanted to avoid the pizza and sausage/meatball offerings. Fortunately, the salad choices were amazing. I ordered a chopped salad--and it was the perfect blend of color and yum. I asked them to add grilled shrimp (for some low-fat protein) and it was delicious too. The service was unobtrusive yet present. We'll be back.