“pizza and chopped salad--yum”

Bella Monica Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Monica Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
NC
“pizza and chopped salad--yum”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

the company where I work is not far from Bella Monica's, so I've eaten Bella Monica pizza before as takeout. For special occasions, my boss likes to treat us--and the pizza is amazing.

I "dined in" for the first time a few days ago. Because I'm on a fairly strict weight loss diet, I wanted to avoid the pizza and sausage/meatball offerings. Fortunately, the salad choices were amazing. I ordered a chopped salad--and it was the perfect blend of color and yum. I asked them to add grilled shrimp (for some low-fat protein) and it was delicious too. The service was unobtrusive yet present. We'll be back.

• Visited March 2013

Cary, North Carolina
“Not good at all”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went there with high hopes due to the great reviews. Honestlyy folks go elsewhere. The service is not good and the food was flavoreless. If you are used to good Italian food ( The Hill in Saint Louis, Little Italy etc..) you wil be disappointed. Save your money go elsewhere

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank bagella123
Cary, North Carolina
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I go here about every six months and always have high hopes that the food will be as good as others say, but I am usually disappointed. The gnocchi with pesto and shrimp are pretty tasty. I always get carryout because the dinning room is crowded and noisy. There is no good place to wait to pick up carryout, so call ahead and give them plenty of time before arriving. I just wish the flavors were a little richer and bolder.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

"bbq pork slider with fontina cheez" equals boca patty dipped in jack daniels sauce...not impressed at all...server was graceful and on time in spite of the less than food...will never return, wine list was good...food was a joke

1 Thank teagle1
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Not that amazing”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

First of all, every single dish I've ever received at Bella Monica has been saturated with oil. Just because you use a lot of olive oil in your dishes doesn't make them Italian, just unhealthy.

The server was friendly, but after asking twice for bread, she brought it with our meal more than 30 minutes after we had been seated. Several people had also received their food before we did even though they had been seated after us.

My friend got sick within hours after eating here and checked into the urgent care. It was either food poisoning or a norovirus. I certainly hope they don't have sick people preparing the food.

I would recommend the neighboring Brio Tuscan Grille, or Vivace, as better alternatives to Bella Monica.

• Visited January 2013