“A lot like home”

Ranked #17 of 1,450 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring Forest Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A lot like home”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Winston's has become one of my favorite restaurants in the area. The first time I came was with a friend and I have been back many times since. Their food is consistently delicious. I have had the London Broil a few times, the Rotisserie Chicken is awesome, I also like the Jam Jam Shrimp appetizer. You HAVE to save room for dessert, they have some of the best ice creams and desserts ever! I keep coming back for that Key Lime pie, the best I've ever had.

• Visited April 2014

“Great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Its a very aesthetically pleasing restaurant and the people are friendly and courteous. However, its just an average dining experience. We were there during the week night and they were not very busy. The portions are generous so if your looking for a meal to get filled up, this is your place. The menu has a broad variety so there is something for everyone.

1 Thank lewwjr
Duluth
“It was ok.”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The server was nice, but not as attentive as I would expect. My silverware had food crusted on it. The crab cake was better than average but the accompanying rice lacked flavor. The entrée was okay. A stir fry with way too much overly sweet sauce. I might give them another shot if I lived in Raleigh, but as a visitor - I would definitely try another restaurant.

Apex, North Carolina
“Nothing special”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special!

Our entrees of prime rib came out before our salad so we sent them back. It came out again about 1/2 way through our salad. Our appetizer plate was not cleared from the table, we still had our salads and now our dinner is added to the table top. We were very crowded and very rushed. Since we both asked for it medium rare we asked that it not be put under the Warmer lights and that a new piece be cut. Well it wasn't put under the lights, it was stone cold. The cheese on the baked potato had hardened and was like glue.

There were 3 hostesses who stood in front and gossiped all night. It would have been a nice added touch if they had opened the door and greeted us as we came and left.

Not worth the $$ we won't be returning

Visited April 2014
Cherokee, North Carolina
“A bit overrated”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The food and service here are good. Do not get me wrong from the title of the review, the place is decent. I just did not find anything about it to be great. If this is really a top 10 restaurant in Raleigh then the food scene is terrible. I almost feel like I got charged more for the ambiance of the place (which is nice) than the food. If you are in the area it is a nice place, but I definitely would not make a special trip just for Winston's.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Winston's Grille? Share your experiences!