“Casa Car - YES!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Holy moly. I have never had a bad dish from this place. I took the family here while visiting some friends. All I have to say is wow! My favorite dish is Veal Parm, Well the portion was huge, the tast was tops and the atmosphere was awesome. We just loved it. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have two favorite Italian restaurants in the area (Daniel's in Apex and Bellini's in Fuquay-Varina), now we have a third....Casa Carbone in Raleigh. This is a very pleasant family-run place. There are a number of dining rooms, so the atmosphere is a bit more intimate and quiet. There were two large prom-type parties the night we were here, so the service was a bit backed up but that was understandable. Plenty of hot fresh bread, good salads, large selection of items to choose from, very good fried calamari, excellent pasta entrees (we tried 3 different ones between the 3 of us, extremely reasonable prices. We were too full to try dessert, but there were some interesting and classic items on the menu. This place is a bit further from our home than our other 2 choices, but it is worth the trip. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This place was a lucky find for me while traveling in Raleigh. I was looking for the Golfsmith store and had to turn around. If you didn't know this little shopping center was there you could easily miss it. I saw the name and thought it looked Italian so I stopped to look at the menu. Boy am I glad I did! The service was very good, especially important for a woman traveling alone. The portions were very generous, with a nice sized side salad and Eggplant Parmesan with pasta. The bread was warm, not greasy like another reviewer stated (perhaps they got garlic bread?). I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. I would recommend this place and I will return if ever in the area again.

2  Thank bobkatran
Reviewed November 13, 2012

As a child I loved the flavors still being served today at Casa Carbone. The pasta with meat sauce is rich and meaty. Their tomato sauce is vibrant, the veal tender, and the atmosphere takes you to someone's home with lots of family and friends around. This is a family favorite that we save for birthday's and special take out. I love Casa Carbone!

1  Thank sisterkatj
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had the best CALZONE we could find in Raleigh, the marinara sauce is excellent, other places tastes like ragu. great size and very generous with cheesse. Grreat wine selection and friendly owners. Great food, no fancy tables but great food and service and that is what is all about! Many years ago I had a calzone like that in Milan and I am glad I found this place in Raleigh, as I write I am craving anothe calzone!