“the food is awesome, lots of fun here!!!”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #9 of 1,446 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“the food is awesome, lots of fun here!!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I went to The Angus Barn for my grandad's 70th. the food was great and the service was even better. there are lots of cool artifacts like an antique type writer. They have the best steak and ribs in NC. Expensive, but you get what you pay for!

• Visited October 2013

“Pricey, but Unique”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've lived in Raleigh for several years, and I had always heard that I needed to try the Angus Barn. I do agree that everyone should try to go if they can afford it because it is an experience. However, the prices are very high. It would be difficult to get a steak and leave without paying at least 40-50$ a person. I'm not sure if the overall experience was worth the large tab. Because of this, I doubt that I will return to the Angus Barn. I feel like, "I've been there, done that."

The atmosphere is definitely cool. There are many rooms and levels with the rustic feel of a large log cabin. They have a lot of bars hidden all over that are made of stone, and they even have a gift shop if you would like to take home a cake or two. You do sit fairly close to your neighbors, especially if the restaurant is full, which it was when we were there.

The food was very good, but truthfully, I feel like I could nearly get just as good of a steak at Texas Roadhouse, without all the bells and whistles, for a fraction of the cost. I had a Filet Mignon, french onion soup, and a potato. The appetizers are unique because they have an endless bar of cheeses, olives, pickles, etc. , and the service was nice for a special occasion.

I would sum up the Angus Barn as a great place to take someone special for a special event. It's the type of place that people propose to their partners in. We went for Valentine's Day, so it was appropriate. However, The Angus Barn is too expensive to visit frequently even if you have the money to burn.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank uncwmel10
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Great Group Destination”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We enjoyed an amazing meal at The Angus Barn. We were on a business trip with about 150 people. The setting was open on the sides beautiful walking paths outside. Susan greeted us warmly. The food was phenomenal. Salad, followed by 3 shrimp, filet, and BBQ ribs. Au gratin potatoes and fresh vegetables. For such a big group we were pleasantly surprised that the food was hot AND delicious. Dessert did not disappoint. Chess pie and creme brûlée. Definitely would recommend for groups or couples.

• Visited June 2014
houston
“expensive and just OK”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

the food and experience where OK, but did not justify the hype and the size of the tab. I know its not a chain so the locals tell me its a classic, but I was staying across the street from Flemings, and may have gotten abetter meal there

Visited June 2014
“Good, But Over-Rated..”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ive been to the Angus Barn on many different occasions, all of which have been wonderful. The food was good, the atmosphere was fun, and the waitstaff was great! I will say though that i feel it is a bit over-rated.. But you do get what you pay for! You will be pleased with your experience, if not for the food, the decorations.

• Visited January 2014

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!