“The Angus Barn is an experience...”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #9 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Frenchtown, New Jersey
“The Angus Barn is an experience...”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Yes, as other reviewers have stated, this place is a little bit pricey for the area. And there is better food available around town too. But - you should visit this place at least once to enjoy the atmosphere.

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We had to wait a few minutes on a busy Saturday evening even though we had reservations. Free appetizers appeared at our table as a "thank you" for waiting.

The menu had many selections and the portions were quite large. You will not leave hungry.

It's a large restaurant with 3 kitchens, 2 private dining rooms in the wine cellar, a Chef's table (main kitchen), and a Captains table (wine cellar).

We ended up staying until closing and received a tour of the restaurant and wine cellar.

• Visited November 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special night out with our Austrian Exchange student”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We wanted to pick a restaurant that is iconic and amazing. Of course, the first restaurant we thought of was the Angus Barn. From the minute we got there and left our car with the valet parking attendant until our quick visit to the store on the way out, every single person made us feel like two teenagers and a mom were the most important people there that night. The food is always fantastic, the service is flawless and the experience is unforgettable. Our exchange student could not wait to tell the rest of their group about his night at the Angus Barn. Thanks to everyone who helped give us all a night to remember!

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The only reason I did not give this restaurant 5 stars is because I think it is too pricey for the atmosphere and food. My husband and I can eat for the same amount of money at another local steak house(Sullivans, Reys, Ruth Chris) and get much better food, service and atmosphere. If you choose to go here, good the food is good but just know their is much better in the raleigh area for the price.

• Visited June 2013
Durham, North Carolina
“A restaurant that will always keep North Carolina on the map”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Angus Barn, close to Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and really between Durham and Raleigh despite the Raleigh address, has a way of repeatedly making lists of best restaurants in the US and the world. It's a larger-than-life place somehow, and customers really have a "dining experience" because of the ambience and the highly-committed staff. I have had many meals here over the years. My favorite place to eat here is in the downstairs wine cellars, as they are away from the throng and have an air of mystery. Regardless of where in the restaurant you eat, however, you will feel like a noble. All the steaks I have had here have been succulent and tender. I tend to prefer fish, however, and AB does an excellent job of that also. I have been in many eateries with amazing wine lists, but none is more thoroughgoing, nuanced and comprehensive than AB's list; if you really are in the mood for a rarefied and profound wine, they probably have it (their selection of abstruse, highbrow French wines is astounding!).
It's ALWAYS busy here, so make a reservation. Don't expect a rustic setting because it's called "Barn." AB is elegant.

• Visited September 2013
Raleigh
“The Angus Barn is well worth the trip!”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

As a child growing up in the Boston area, I was exposed to some amazing cuisine. One place in particular stands out from the rest, Anthony's Pier 4. They have a prime rib that rivals any on this or any planet. After moving south I thought that I would never again have the luxury of dining like a god again without taking an 800 mile journey. Enter The Angus Barn in Raleigh! A good friend informed me that the staff there really cared about the customers and the food they served. I was hesitant, yet curious as well. From the moment we entered the restaurant until we drove away, I could not have been happier! The prime rib was so amazing that it actually transported me back to my youth for a moment dining with my father at a Bo-Sox luncheon. I am truly thankful of the staff of The Angus Barn. Food has a very powerful memory jogging affect. Some foods come close, some even skirt the edges, but very seldom in ones life does a food absolutely hit a 100% BULLSEYE. The Angus Barn scored a Perfect 100!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing back such amazing memories!!!

• Visited October 2013

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!