“Best Steak in the Area with an even Better Atmosphere”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #7 of 1,493 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I'd been driving by the Angus Barn for years and finally I decided to go with my Father on my birthday this year. I'm very glad we chose this place over Ruth's Chris for numerous reasons. First of all, the atmosphere is great, the place is huge but somehow intimate and inviting and also a fun place to be in. Service was perfect (though my Dad's first drink didn't come out right but he was promptly brought a correct one). Each steak comes with soup or salad and a side and they're great about substitutions. Also, you can add toppings to your steak (I suggest blue cheese). I had a Caesar salad, New York Strip with blue cheese and mashed potatoes. Plus, there's also crackers with cheese spread and garlic bread. My Father was very impressed with the value of everything and also he stated the food has vastly improved since he was last there.

I'll definitely have to be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a wonderful place to go! The complimentary cheese stations while you wait. The gun room, the wild turkey room, the antler room were all experiences - felt a little like we were in a museum. The wine cellar is amazing - request the tour when you go - 15 minutes and it is more than just looking at wine bottles. Steaks were excellent and the ribs were so good I ate them without BBQ sauce. The service is very professional, and attentive to the smallest detail. My wife and I split an entree, and not only did the waiter provide two dishes already parsed, but alos provided two bowls of the soup starter, no charge! I have not one fault to find about the Barn - no wonder everyone considers it a must do place in Raleigh.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We make every trip to Raleigh a special occasion by having dinner at Angus Barn! I always get a filet and it's always cooked perfectly and choosing the wine is always the most fun! So many excellent choices and the sommelier is always so knowledgeable! It makes the whole evening just perfect!

1  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went with my boyfriend and we got a couple of glasses of wine and split a few appetizers up in the Wild Turkey Lounge... Our waitress, Cathy, was very knowledgeable on the wine list and was definitely helpful while we tried to narrow down the appetizer menu. We ended up with the ribs and some oysters... You MUST get the ribs - they're delicious! Also, I loved the cozy feel of the lounge area... It was wonderful that we got there early enough to grab one of the tables with a couch. Outstanding visit to the Angus Barn!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Really expensive but really great!! Food and staff are awesome, never had anything I didn't like. Great place to impress clients too. Big food portions so get a take out box to go and you have a midnight snack later!

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!