“Great Business Meal Experience”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #7 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Took a team of 10 and had a great experience. The food, wine, service and ambiance was really good. We ended up buying candles before leaving making us believe (humorously) that we were subliminally told to do so. Nice place.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,165)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

When I would visit Raleigh on business trips, I was always advised to eat, at least one night, at the Angus Barn. That was when I was on "the copany's dime." Even then, after I had eaten there, I wasn't sure what the basis was for the advice -- it was, and still is, nothing extraordinary and overpriced. Admittedly, the decor is enjoyable, both outside and inside. The intent is to give the look of an old barn with all the trimmings except the livestock. I've been there once since relocating to Raleigh nearly twenty years ago and left regretting the choice -- again. I did attend a company event in a rentable area "out back" that was just lovely for both the food served and the venue. Other than another company-sponsored event, I'll not be returning.

1  Thank CarolinaGuy
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed the charm and elegance of this outstanding restaurant. I'm surprised it hasn't been used to film movies it is such a unique establishment. The service was superb as was the dinner. Special experience and unforgettable!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Angus barn has always been our "go-to" restaurant for any special event in our family. We were there for my daughter's 18th birthday back in 1988... (And many visits in between). Yes, she's almost 43 now! And her daughter's 12th birthday deserved nothing less! The food was fantastic, as was our server, Dejah (I'm not spelling it correctly...). -- she was a great server, and I hope we have her next time we're there.

The Angus barn is absolutely the best restaurant in Raleigh. They make you feel like you're HOME! ...with a great meal!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went for a big "0" birthday party. Our group included a range of ages from 4 to high school and college aged to 90 years old. We also had a range of appetites from meat lovers to vegan. They accommodated all of our food choices and everyone had a great time. The kids got to help decorate Granddaddy's birthday cake. The Angus Barn helped create a celebration we will remember for years to come.

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!