“3 times raw!!!!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“3 times raw!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Come on, how can you get a Prime Rib so wrong? I had heard amazing things about this place so i had to go. I sat at the bar upstaris. The atmosphere was great and the place was awesome....and then i ordered!

Terrible excuse for french onion soup, this little cup of stuff with bread and onions soaked inside! and then came the prime rib. I ordered med/rare, the first came rare with a huge piece of FAT, literally 1/3 running through the middle. second was raw again and by the 3rd i gave up and just paid my bill and left.

They did take it off the bill but seriously....

1 Thank bellfc1

Raleigh, North Carolina
“THE steak house”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Angus Barn is another Raleigh tradition. The steaks are unsurpassed and their beer selection (for beer drinkers) is expansive. It is in a rustic, almost bucolic atmosphere which provides a pleasant experience. The host weddings and receptions.

Raleigh, NC
“Perfect Birthday / Special Occassion Restaurant”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family takes me to The Angus Barn every year for my birthday. It happens that my birthday is often also Mother's Day. One of the highlights for the birthday girl is that they take my children into the kitchen - with my camera - and let them decorate a small cake for me and take photos of them doing it. One year they let my older son flip my steak and took a photo of that. One year they took a photo of both of my boys with Chef Walter (whom we've watched on Iron Chef, so that was super cool). This year it was also Mother's Day, and the restaurant had setup a whole outdoor lounge and bar in front. Sofas, tables and chairs, a full bar and a couple of great old guys playing keyboard and sax and singing oldies. We sat for hours. My kids got free characatures drawn of themselves. We enjoy poring through the gun collection and the book with stories of each item, we enjoy the Wild Turkey collection in the bar, we enjoy the treasure boxes of small toys for the kids, we enjoy the ambiance which is unique to The Angus Barn. Impeccable service, incredible food - I love everything about this place. And be sure to ask for a tour of the wine cellar - one of the oldest and largest in NC. And pick up a crock of cheese in the gift shop on your way out. And then there's the humidor - I'm not a cigar person, but it's cool. I could go on and on! Love this place.

Scotch Plains, NJ
“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We used to enjoy the Angus Barn when we lived in the area over 25 years ago, so we were very excited to try it again on a recent visit back to NC. While the restaurant looks much the same, the food was disappointing. We liked the memories of the cheese spread and crackers better than the actual reality. This place is not cheap although the portions are large. Despite the promise from our very friendly waiter that the Chateaubriand would be the best, it was nothing special. Sometimes you can't go home again....at least not to the Angus Barn.

1 Thank Jillef
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nicest Indoor Outhouse you ever saw.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Walked in on a Friday night with the entire parking lot packed! I'm a firm believer that great food is where everybody goes for dinner. I see a packed parking lot as a good indicator of the service and food inside and I was not disappointed. The staff was warm and friendly and lives up to the reputation. I almost asked for a double vodka tonic, but once I had the first one I realized that almost was the standard,...nice! I had the 10oz Filet and I must say that it was cooked to perfection with just the right amount of salt and pepper to highlight the flavor of this cut of meat. We actually stayed almost three hours enjoyed the atmosphere, cigars and spirits. Like my associate said, that was the nicest outhouse we have ever seen. You have to try this place if you are in the city.

• Visited May 2013

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!