“What an odd place.”

Ranked #8 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is what you'd expect for an upscale steakhouse. What's strange is the basement wine cellar with its faux chateau-style rooms and the kitschy country collections upstairs. That wine collection is amazing, though.

There are newer reviews for The Angus Barn

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have been their recently. The restaurant is really a big one in an old style wooden building, lovely decorated and with great atmosphere. The beef stake I ordered was huge and very well cooked according my wish. Great selection of wines. The deserts also are excellent and should also be tried. The service is really excellent. Definitely a place to visit if you are around.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have been going to this place for the last 10 years. It never disappoints. The food is always great, service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is lovely.
They make the best steaks, in my opinion. If you are not satisfied with your food, they will exchange it no questions asked.
Also, if it's a b-day celebration - let them know and you will get a free dessert.

What is unique about that place is that it's suitable for families with kids, couples, business, almost any occasion.
The steaks look pricey, yes, but they all come with soup or salad and two sides. SO, it's a pretty good value.

1  Thank Michaelfe
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I went here Valentines day weekend. We both love the atmosphere- I would describe it as upscale rustic. It's a huge place with differnt display rooms you can wlak or sit in while waiting for a table. I would rate the food and service as good but not awesome. My prime rib was as good as otheres i've had at other restaurants. The dessert and wine selection are incredible. I told my husband we should go back and just order wine and dessert. Ha Ha!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

No trip to the USA would be complete without experiencing the National tendency toward excessive food portions and cowboy ranch-type architecture. And The Angus Barn provided both of these in an unforgettable way.

The setting is wonderfully planned to look like what every Englishman thinks a cowboy rance/bar might have been like. It is cluttered with nick-nacks reminiscent of life maybe 200 years ago, with a hay rick and even a gun wall where an incredible selection of genuine rifles, pistols and revolvers are displayed. I gather there is an interesting wine cellar, but I did not see this.

Food in plenteous portion sizes and superb quality can be enjoyed, and the wine was top notch! It is difficult to imagine how the service could have been more friendly or attentive.

The place was packed, the car park full, and reservations for a table for 7 difficult to obtain - usually a sign that somewhere is good. This place did not disappoint.

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!