“A true NC experience!”

Ranked #8 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Angus Barn was a cultural experience! We enjoyed pre-dinner cocktails, cheese dips and crudites under the tented area out front as the bar was at capacity. The layout, decor and atmosphere was a delight!! Something very different to what I'm used too. Once the table was ready we were escorted upstairs where we ordered delicious steaks and accompaniments. Each were delicious. The only downside was the haphazard service and delay with the check as the server had various other larger tables. The Christmas decor was fun and well worth the evening out.

There are newer reviews for The Angus Barn

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been going to the Angus Barn for about 40 years now and it has never disappointed! The service is beyond "great," the food is fabulous, and, for the money, I think it's the best deal around. It's not the cheapest place you can eat, BUT you get a LOT of great food for what you spend. We consistently order the filets or the prime rib and always have juicy, flavorful meat. If you ever have a problem, they're more than willing to "make it right" -- which is all a consumer can ask! A few years back (when smoking was still allowed), we had made reservations and specifically asked to be away from any smoking (as our daughter is asthmatic.) When we complained that we were very close to smokers, they moved our entire party (of 8 people), gave our daughter a HUGE basket of gifts as an apology -- and told us that we didn't need to pay for ANY of our meals! THAT'S the kind of customer service that brings US back through all these years! We've tried lots of restaurants in Raleigh, but, all the way around, The Angus Barn is STILL our favorite place to celebrate special occasions!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staff was friendly the restaurant was packed. the decor was very festive. The food was good. However, I have had better steaks. It was lacking in flavor but I would eat here again just order the lamb next time.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First let me say that I did not eat in the general dining area (which seemed pretty loud as I passed by). Went here for company Christmas party and we were seated in one of the private rooms downstairs thru the kitchen.

This is a steakhouse that goes above and beyond in food and service.

The owner stopped by during our cocktail hour to say hello and ask if there was anything special she could do. I saw her in the lobby speaking with each guest as they were leaving asking if everything was to their satisfaction. With an owner this involved you know its going to be a good night.

Our private room was beautifully decorated with Christmas themed decorations and they had the gas fireplace going. This made for an intimate yet festive atmosphere.

We had three dedicated servers as well as a bartender. Our servers were attentive without being obtrusive. They were knowledgeable on the menu and made some fantastic recommendations. After we ordered the waiters came thru the room and put a shawl on each woman's chair (nice touch!).

I ordered the ribeye which was cooked exactly as I asked and seasoned to perfection. This was not an ordinary rib-eye this was very thick and juicy. A co worker ordered fish (I know right?) and said it was done very well.

I would not hesitate to go back to the restaurant. Although it can seem a bit pricey, its worth every penny. Should also note they have free valet parking.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Who would have thought that the food at the Angus Barn could be so delicious. The Angus Barn truly looks like a barn -- red walls, white trim, etc. In fact when you walk in, it resembles a Cracker Barrel or some kitschy kind of tourist trap. With checkerboard table clothes and a good 'ol boy, folksy, country kind of setting, opening the menu and seeing the prices for the first time knocks the wind out of you. That, coupled with the service, brings you back to the reality that the Angus Barn could be a darn fine restaurant. Despite the trappings, the food is not cheap -- a rib eye (my favorite) will set you back almost $40. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

They feed you excellent stuff when you sit down -- I don't remember quite what it was (bread, I think), but I ate too much of it. that and the Texas toast (a whole lot better than Sizzler's), so by the time that my rib eye arrived, I was stuffed with carbs. Undaunted, my first slice into my steak revealed a tender, juicy and just-the-right-color piece of heaven. Wow, it was pretty delicious. Kind of like a Morton's hidden inside of a Cracker Barrel.

At any rate, the service was superb, the food delicious, and the setting was part of the fun, I guess. Eat here, be prepared to pay a bunch, but enjoy the meal!

Been to The Angus Barn? Share your experiences!