“Chef's Table........”
Review of The Angus Barn

The Angus Barn
Ranked #9 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary, North Carolina
“Chef's Table........”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Several years ago we had dinner in the dining room and were somewhat disappointed. In September we did a Chef's Table downstairs and were totally wowed. Perfect for one or two couples celebrating a special event.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sharon and Char... M

Durham, North Carolina
“Excellent food and service, worth the money”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great atmosphere with the fireplace. Perfect for dinner on a cold winter evening. Staff here are amazing. They will bend over backwards for you. The steak is cooked to perfection. Food is just excellent. Such a great experience!

Greer, South Carolina
“Do not miss this restaurant!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This has got to be one of the greatest hidden gems in my travels. Had never heard of it until I was in the area, but it's a local legend. The service, atmosphere and food were all phenomenal. If you are within a couple of hours of this place, be sure to stop by.

Visited October 2012
Lake Elsinore, CA
“overcooked and severely overpriced”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Angus Barn was a total disappointment. It was the second time I had been there in a few years. The restaurant is lovely, but if your party is larger than six they get their automatic 20% gratuity and pretty much leave you to your own devices. I asked for water that took nearly 20 minutes to arrive. and when it did it was placed at an empty seat three chairs away. What the?? All that is typical from time to time at any restaurant, but the most disappointing part of my experience was the steak I ordered. An 11-ounce NY strip that was so overcooked it tasted like liver. It was awful! The cut of meat was okay (if you like CORN FED beef they seem to be so proud that they announce this on their menu -- I’m a grass-fed cattle fan myself and you can get that at Chipotle in a burrito). I can tell you I wasn’t the only unhappy diner. In our group of 20 almost everyone complained at how awful their steak was. One guy even asked for his $40 bucks back. I wish I had done the same. Seems to me their chef will single-handedly take this restaurant down the tubes. Given the price they charge, I can’t say I’d miss them if it happens, but it’s still sad to see such a staple get complacent, or worse. Fire the chef or watch this restaurant die. Seriously.

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank jinmeesmom
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Turkey Lounge dinner saved by manager!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've been to the Angus Barn several times - mostly the Turkey Lounge for appetizers/drinks with friends. It has always been a pleasant experience. Last night we went for dinner and drinks after a class we took nearby. We all actually ordered almost the exact same thing (there were four of us) - the cheesesteak sandwich with sweet potato fries. Pretty easy order right? It took us more than 45 minutes to get our food. Being 10 weeks pregnant - around the 30 minute mark I was getting rather hungry! LOL. Our waitress was great - and very apologetic. Her service was attentive and friendly. Once I came over to her and asked about our food, she sent the manager over. He was very apologetic and made things right. Must have been an off night for the kitchen. He made clear that it's not normal practice there to wait so long for your meal - which had been my experience in the past. The manager making an effort to make it right will certainly keep me coming back. It proves to me that Angus Barn truly wants customers to have a good experience. Nicely done Angus Barn! Thank you!

• Visited September 2012