“Great food, terrific service”
Review of Glenwood Grill

Glenwood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Glenwood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,450 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oberlin Road
North Carolina
“Great food, terrific service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have been dining at the Glenwood Grill for many years but somehow it got off our rotation so we had not been back for a year ... and we all agreed that had been a terrible oversight for us as we missed all this great food. Two had the shrimp and grits and loved it ... and two had steak and loved it as well. Our server was great and the atmosphere was lively. Topped off the meal with Irish Coffee served in large coffee mugs ... delicious. We will all be back more often as it was a perfect evening.

• Visited April 2014

Raleigh NC
“Awesome dinner!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I ate a Glenwood Grill on Valentines Day, and it was the best meal we've had in a long time. We were seated promptly, and cordially. The restaurant was serving a limited menu for Valentine's day, but it looked like a full menu to me. There were plenty of excellent options to choose from. My husband had the she-crab soup, and I had the corn and shrimp bisque. Both were wonderful, as was the crab cake appetizer. My husband's carpet bagger was excellent...he said you could have cut the steak with just a fork. I had the filet and butternut squash risotto, which was also excellent. Overall, the food was perfect, the service was top notch, and best of all, the restaurant wasn't chaotic on Valentine's Day. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good staple select ITB”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a great neighborhood spot which is always crowded. The food is good. Service is great and prices are reasonable. One of the go to spots in town for locals.

Visited January 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“My Top Pick in Raleigh-Live Here”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Adore the parmesan fried oysters. Excellent service and they make a great Whiskey Sour-generous with the whiskey. Wine list is very adequate. I've had almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. If you've not eaten there-GO! Just make sure your have a reservation.

• Visited December 2013
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Nice treat!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful meal of shrimp and grits. Comfortable atmosphere with an attentive staff. Easy to accommodate my husband's gluten intolerance. Look forward to a return visit.