“Our favorite restaurant in Raleigh!”
Review of Taverna Agora

Taverna Agora
Ranked #15 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taverna Agora is an authentic Greek kitchen & bar where friends & family enjoy good wine, eat wonderfully prepared, simple food and relax. The restaurant is reminiscent of gathering places found in Greece, with old world flavors and rustic roots. However, Taverna Agora expands beyond the traditional agora with a few modern flares, including hand-crafted cocktails, a gourmet marketplace and Sunday brunch.
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My In-Laws live in Raleigh, and we make it a point to go to this restaurant any time we visit them! The food is great, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere is comfortable. I don't normally recommend restaurants, but this one's good enough to change my mind. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a lovely time - the food and service were good. Each time we go - they deliver. I have yet to have a bad experience with this restaurant. We are foodies and can be picky about how food is prepared.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Im not much of a Greek fan but was here for a work dinner. The staff is very friendly and warm and the service was top notch. I didnt understand a lot of the menu so my questions were answered very professionally and they gave their honest opinions I felt like. The food was amazing. I had the stuffed chicken and will get that when I come back. Highly recommend and from what I have heard, they have Belly Dancing a couple times a month or year as well.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Love this place. Service & staff are wonderful & friendly.
Food is consistently good. I usually order the whole fish & its perfectly served every single time! Their lamb dishes are amazing! Oh! And the outside seating is one of the aspects of this resto that keeps me coming back.
Give it a try if you like authentic greek food. It's worth it!

1  Thank Ranyta
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Pleasant servers, great atmosphere combined with an excellent Greek menu made for a super meal and an excellent evening! Would eat here again and recommend to others.