“Best Patio in Raleigh”
Review of Taverna Agora

Taverna Agora
Ranked #15 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taverna Agora is an authentic Greek kitchen & bar where friends & family enjoy good wine, eat wonderfully prepared, simple food and relax. The restaurant is reminiscent of gathering places found in Greece, with old world flavors and rustic roots. However, Taverna Agora expands beyond the traditional agora with a few modern flares, including hand-crafted cocktails, a gourmet marketplace and Sunday brunch.
Raleigh NC
“Best Patio in Raleigh”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great food, wonderful service and the patio is excellent. We love to meet friends here, or take out of town guest. My book club even meets here for a night out, great place.

• Visited November 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Authentic, Wonderful, Original Recipes”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It has been awhile since our last visit just because of the economy. The food was wonderful and served at proper temperature (one of my big grips). The lemon potatoes were to dream about. The veal was that of which one dreams. Hats off the staff and kitchen!! Our visit still remains prominate in my mind and we will return VERY soon.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank sharongugliotta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice little place”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Authentic Greek food and cute ambience. Great little patio area. Service was excellent. I had the lemon chicken and the saganaki (flaming cheese appetizer). Both excellent.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CynthiaRaye
Marco Island, Florida
“A family favorite”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

When visiting family in Raleigh, we often eat here, and the food is terrific. I had a braised veal shank last time, and the meat fell off the bone, melted in my mouth, and was delicious. Other family members consistently order their salmon dish, and rave about it. Everythingnisnplentiful and reasonably priced. My "less than five" rating is simply because there is no ambience. The place is dark and cavernous, and has very dated decor. If that sort of thing is something you can overlook, the food more than makes up for it!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank keil38
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful restaurant to enjoy great Greek cuisine!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We sat outside under the canopy of green vines and at first had it almost all to ourselves, but soon enough other parties came out as well. Sure wish I could have a canopy like that at home. Anyway, I ordered the Chicken Fetticini and my friend ordered the Rack of Lamb, which looked delicious! Even thought I had not had a small lunch I was able to eat every single fantastic bite! No doggy bag for me! The service was very attentive and we were never left needing a thing. Wonderful place to join friends or for a date. My understanding is they have live music and dancing Saturday nights, Enjoy!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Dwencita

Been to Taverna Agora? Share your experiences!