“You can do much better”
Review of Caffe Luna

Caffe Luna
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Luna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,518 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Blount Street
Description: Situated in a beautiful historic building in downtown Raleigh, Caffe Luna has been bringing authentic Italian cuisine with a Tuscan flair to the Triangle for over a decade.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

It had been about six years since I ate at Caffe Luna, when I decided to try it again. I soon realized why I had not been back. On a positive note, this is a good location if you are going to a show or concert downtown. There was a free parking lot across the street and food was served quickly. Service was great and the ambience was nice.

This was all very good, but does not make up for the food. My table ordered four different pasta entrees and three were disappointing. The fourth was decent but nothing memorable. We took most of the food home, where we added our own ingredients to make it more flavorful. This was a fun project but not worth the cost of the meal.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food was excellent and the staff was very nice. The only complaint I have is that it was a little on the noisy side, so it was hard to hear each other at the table, but that is not the restaurants fault.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We got a table for four on a busy Saturday night with minimal delay.

We ordered drinks and calamari which came out quickly and tasted great.

Our pasta dishes were cooked well and served promptly. The kitchen forgot one of the salads, and the server apologized profusely. Honestly, we forgot about it because the food, drinks, and conversation were great. We thought nothing of the very minor oversight, but the kitchen sent out dessert anyways.

We had a great dinner and the service was very attentive.

We'd visit again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank aww3583
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We dined at Caffe Luna this past weekend. Going in early we did not expereince any of the noise level issues that other diners mentioned herein, however as we left, we did notice that it was significantly louder in the restaurant. The waitress was attentive and very pleasant. The glasses of wine are small...like the size you get at a wine tasting. We started with proscioutto and melon (nearly impossible to mess that up! It was very nice) My fiance had the Fiocchi - which was wonderful (not a huge portion)...I wish I had ordered it as well. I had the Rigatoni con Pollo alla Panna which was good - not remarkable, and the sauce really had to be worked around the plate to coat the pasta, but it was solidly good. Tiramisu and espresso rounded out the dinner and both were very nice as well. The atmosphere was very pretty with Tuscan style walls and hardwood floors. The hostess seemed less than pleasant to me, but not rude...however, I can easily see how there have been so many complaints to that regard on here. I wish I could vote between 3-4 or between average and very good. Would give it a 3.5. We would go again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Dined here on a weeknight for our anniversary.( We had our rehearsal dinner here in a private room and it was fabulous.) They accommodated us with a romantic spot in a corner. The cab wine was good. Tuna salad was light and seasoned well. Nice serving of lasagna but it comes out very hot. They brought us an amazing complementary dessert for our anniversary. Manager always comes to the table and is very friendly. Great for large parties too.