“Lovely oasis.”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I walked from my hotel at Holiday Inn Brownstown 1/2 mile to the cafe. Seated right away. Was a busy lunch time crowd with 2 tables of large groups. My server was def rushed, but I was not on the clock so the extra wait time was ok. Ordered one of the vegas options, portabello polenta. Very tasty! I thought the portion was small, but when I finished my meal, I was satisfied and not felt wanting more. The server even thanked me for my patience when she dropped of the bill.

1  Thank TORebel

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I ordered a turkey sandwich, which was not bad. It was simple, and good, but nothing worth writing a serious restaurant review about. The service was friendly and kind. The atmosphere was nice as well.

1  Thank SarahRamatAviv
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have lived within blocks of this restaurant for over 20 years. I have been five times over that time period. Each time I go, I wonder why. Tonight was no different.

The menu is uninspired, but does have Vegan choices. I ordered the "Morgan Street Chicken" which, when served, looked like the latest "Lean Cuisine" meal. Boring, thin filet of chicken, overcooked potatoes, strands of broccoli. As my husband and I left, we discussed that the restaurant's attraction must be healthy, fresh, high quality food. I arrived home and had indigestion, so much for that theory. The service was terrible as well. Server did not check on us, water glasses were not replenished, we were basically ignored.

There are so many great restaurants within a mile of Irregardless, so consider the alternatives.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

I had high hopes for this and tried their prix fixe menu during restaurant week. Despite having reservations, we waited over 45 minutes. That would be fine, except we sat for another 20 minutes before we could even flag anyone down to help us, and the service just got worse from there. Amazingly, the service wasn't the low point of the meal, it was the food. I have never tasted such terrible, bland food. The shrimp my husband got was so rubbery and overcooked that it was inedible. It was the most pathetic showing of surf 'n' turf I have ever seen. The Morgan Street chicken I got was absolutely tasteless. The bruschetta was not too bad, but the hummus was tasteless. I think the cooks should be working in an old folks' home where diets are restricted and flavor isn't important. I really cant' believe this restaurant is still in business. The high point was the three musicians who played at the end of our meal. They were out of creme brulee, so we tried a very disappointing key lime pie. Save your time and money and go elsewhere.

3  Thank RWAJ08
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Went to the Irregardless Cafe for the first time this weekend for brunch. After hearing about it for years - was dissapointed with what we found. The ambiance was great and the live music was wonderful. The downside for us was the food. The presentation was nice, but the flavor and freshness were not the best. The apples in my meal tasted canned as opposed to the fresh gala apples they described in the menu - my husbands omelette was very skimpy on the fillings and our friends french toast portion was also quite small. If they had costed less, I would have expected smaller portions, however for the so-so food quality I would have expected larger portions to match the prices they were charging since the dollars were not being spent on high cost ingredients. (Most of the brunch prices ranged from $13-17) Overall, we will probably not seek it out again, although I'd much rather visit Irregardless over a chain restaurant, but in my opinion, Raleigh has alot more to offer that far outshines this.

1  Thank maggiemoosmom