“Neighborhood Romantic!!”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,502 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

The Irregardless has passed the test of time in Raleigh and keeps getting better! Arthur always offers imaginative menus with fresh local foods and delightful flavors. The atmosphere is quaint and the music is a special bonus, with dancing on weekends. Have not tried the speak-easy.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

I have been here twice and have yet to be impressed. The food is pretty steep in cost and you can get better pancakes around the corner at IHOP. I had grounds in my coffee on one visit (lots of them, not just a few). But the service was on point and it is very quaint on the inside with excellent art.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

Let me start by saying that my wife and I ended up raving about the experience here. The irony is that things started out with disappointment but the experience ended being memorable. What we learned:

The bread which is normally fantastic is not made fresh on Sundays because the baker does not come in on Sunday.

Our server, Megan knew the menu she was full of helpful recommendations.

Sometimes a meal comes out cold; my wife's meal came out cold but Megan and the front of the house manager, Dodge, went out of their way to make things right. A fresh dish was prepared and the problem was dealt with.

Ultimately the meals and desserts were fantastic but the actions of the staff were so over the top we could not stop raving about how helpful they were.

With a wonderful staff and excellent food I would urge others to enjoy a fine meal!

1  Thank DanTColeman
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Have been here before and was exceptional.Not so this time .had the brisket had no flavor was over cooked . tables were jammed so close together was not comfortable Service average or worse my friend had the nights special beef from an organic farm in Mooresville NC I live pretty close to Mooresville I'd be embarrassed to know it was served

1  Thank johnkodell
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Flew in from out of town to take my daughter to dinner for her birthday. I made reservations on line and called to confirm as well. We were running late for our 7:00 p.m. reservation but we did get seated and had an excellent table close to the stage.
The staff was very friendly including the manager who engaged in playing with my two year granddaughter.

We really enjoyed the music and everyone was very friendly considering we had a two year old with us but she has good manners and loves music and clapped politely after each song. We try to book restaurants that provide music for that reason as it makes our evenings together more enjoyable. This restaurant did not disappoint us.

The food was very good. Everything was prepared fresh and did not disappoint. We had the polenta and shrimp appetizer, the warm goat cheese salad and the salmon for our entree. For dessert we had the cream brûlée and the coconut cake which was amazing. I am a dessert snob and It was probably the best coconut cake I've ever tasted and the cream brûlée was perfect. We stayed until 11:00 p.m. and finally had to leave so we could put the two year old to bed.

Irregardless Cafe is great we will certainly return next time I am in town to visit my daughter and granddaughter.

1  Thank chefpeppy