“Irregardless - My New Favorite”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,487 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Amazing menu for all tastes - vegetarian, vegan, meat lovers. Helpful, knowledgeable staff. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. Enjoyed the music. They offer a birthday discount on wine if you sign up beforehand - $17 towards a bottle of your choice. My new favorite!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a wonderful place! We were drawn in by the "Live Music" sign. The band was really good and played a mix of neo/soul jazz as well as more traditional jazz. I'm a jazz musician myself and can vouch that this were high quality jazz musicians. The beer menu was great and very detailed, listing where place that each beer was made. My mother also loved the tea menu and the fact that they bring out an entire pot of tea to the table! The flourless cake was delicious too! The servers were helpful and polite! I definitely recommend this place for anyone who wants a to have a truly unique dining experience. Also, anyone who is looking for a good place to hear jazz while in Raleigh should go here!

1  Thank Aaron P
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I started off writing this review with a negative tone... but if you have the chance to talk with Dodge, the owner youll see why my opinion chaged for the better.

Tried this location for the first time tonight. Walked in about a half hour past opening and were the only table in the restaurant. We also noticed it was restaurant week. We opted for the vegan options and were dissatisfied. Upon speaking to our server, he took the dishes back and we were met by the a very well dressed sophisticated gentleman who had no intention other than to rectify the situation. We were offered two of the vegan dishes on the menu in replacement of our original choices. We allowed him to pick and we received the Vegetable Lasagna and the Pasta Primavera. WOW! is all I can say. I had never had polenta and was so shocked at the goodness I was missing out on. You could taste the garden freshness. The Pasta Primavera was also a hit. Vegetables were cooked to perfection! We finished dinner with a Vegan fruit crisp and a non vegan Creme Brule. will be back again for the hospitality and food ! Stephen our server was very sweet, knowledgeable of the menu and very helpful. Another plus is the Live music! A trio of gentleman played jazzy melodies. - Not A Vegan

Reviewed May 30, 2014

The cafe is a trendy upscale establishment with an unpretentious panache that is exemplified by not only the atmosphere, but the food as well. The menu selection departs from the ordinary to a new level of interesting and utterly delicious. Small perks of varied breakfast breads along with creative consideration for those with food allergies adds to the attraction of this charming cafe. Brunch is particularly enjoyable with the live entertainment.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Easy to access downtown funky place with interesting selection of food. I was there once and they had a musician which was ok. We especially like the dessert menu.