“Excellent as always”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,451 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went here on a recent Saturday night because we had tickets for the comedy show next door. No reservations, but were seated in about 15 minutes (as promised). Have been here for Sunday brunch (excellent) but after this dinner, I will definitely be back. Cocktails at the bar where excellent, and the bartender was not offended when my husband offered his own recipe for Planters Punch - which he made excellently. One of our party ordered the brisket and she said the cooking was 'just like home'. The shrimp and grits were excellent, and the asparagus with it was cooked just right. Also, after 9pm the dance floor opened - a special treat. Our waiter told us they have live music every night.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“It was ok - didnt live up to the reviews.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The evening was ok - I could see where they were trying to go but the execution of the meal was underwhelming. The all the veggies were overcooked - maybe catering to the older crowd that goes there. When we contacted them the next day as I didnt want to go over it that day - we didnt want the hassle and the additional time to go over our concerns. They said "We appreciate your feedback. Our aim is to always improve. .... Thank you..." Kinda of a tin can response if you ask me. I dont think we want to go back if this is how they treat their guests.

Apex, NC
“Delightful Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently had Sunday brunch at Irregardless. It was a lovely experience. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. Love the atmosphere. Just fun to dine in a Raleigh institution.

Greenville, North Carolina
“Best Brunch”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My daughter and I have made Irregardless Cafe our brunch tradition.
A great atmosphere and outstanding food keep us returning on Sundays.

Visited August 2013
West Point, Georgia
“Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am traveling in the Raleigh area for work and will be here for weeks. Today, was a day off for me, so I decided to treat myself to lunch---alone. Sometimes eating alone can be intimidating. I decided to try Irregardless Cafe per the Tripadvisor reviews that I read. When I arrived, I noticed a small garden on the side of the restaurant. I recognized different herbs and vegetables. I knew that was a good sign. There are a waiter picking up empty plates from the patrons that had been eating outside. 1. The plates were empty. 2. His hands were full, but he held the door open for me. The Hostess smiled at me when I walked up to her. She actually asked me where I wanted to sit, and I chose a seat in the back. The cafe is very cute and decorated in an attractive and "cozy" way. On to the food. The waitress made some recommendations for me, but I had already scoped the menu out online. I ordered the SHRIMP & GRITS - sautéed shrimp, tomato con casse, parmesan & cheddar grit cakes with a wild mushroom sherry cream sauce. I also ordered the WARM GOAT CHEESE SALAD - Fresh local goat cheese, dusted with herbs and seared, served on baby greens tossed in a creamy shallot vinaigrette and topped with craisins and spicy walnuts. The salad came out first. It was delish! The goat cheese was warm and the salad was cool. I absolutely had a hard time putting my fork down. In fact, when the waitress (she was EXCELLENT) came back to check on me, she asked if I would like for her to box the remainder of the salad. She then put in my order for the Shrimp and grits. I have never eaten something so creamy, cheesy and rich, yet light, in my life. I am telling you, the food was outstanding. Back to eating alone, I felt so comfortable there. There were families and couples, business professionals, etc. and I felt like I was right where I needed to be. I will leave Raleigh in four weeks, but not before going back to Irregardless Cafe for another amazing meal. I think I will try their dinner menu next time! So excited!

• Visited October 2013