“Delightful Sunday Brunch”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently had Sunday brunch at Irregardless. It was a lovely experience. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. Love the atmosphere. Just fun to dine in a Raleigh institution.

There are newer reviews for Irregardless Cafe

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My daughter and I have made Irregardless Cafe our brunch tradition.
A great atmosphere and outstanding food keep us returning on Sundays.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am traveling in the Raleigh area for work and will be here for weeks. Today, was a day off for me, so I decided to treat myself to lunch---alone. Sometimes eating alone can be intimidating. I decided to try Irregardless Cafe per the Tripadvisor reviews that I read. When I arrived, I noticed a small garden on the side of the restaurant. I recognized different herbs and vegetables. I knew that was a good sign. There are a waiter picking up empty plates from the patrons that had been eating outside. 1. The plates were empty. 2. His hands were full, but he held the door open for me. The Hostess smiled at me when I walked up to her. She actually asked me where I wanted to sit, and I chose a seat in the back. The cafe is very cute and decorated in an attractive and "cozy" way. On to the food. The waitress made some recommendations for me, but I had already scoped the menu out online. I ordered the SHRIMP & GRITS - sautéed shrimp, tomato con casse, parmesan & cheddar grit cakes with a wild mushroom sherry cream sauce. I also ordered the WARM GOAT CHEESE SALAD - Fresh local goat cheese, dusted with herbs and seared, served on baby greens tossed in a creamy shallot vinaigrette and topped with craisins and spicy walnuts. The salad came out first. It was delish! The goat cheese was warm and the salad was cool. I absolutely had a hard time putting my fork down. In fact, when the waitress (she was EXCELLENT) came back to check on me, she asked if I would like for her to box the remainder of the salad. She then put in my order for the Shrimp and grits. I have never eaten something so creamy, cheesy and rich, yet light, in my life. I am telling you, the food was outstanding. Back to eating alone, I felt so comfortable there. There were families and couples, business professionals, etc. and I felt like I was right where I needed to be. I will leave Raleigh in four weeks, but not before going back to Irregardless Cafe for another amazing meal. I think I will try their dinner menu next time! So excited!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Irregardless cafe in Raleigh has been around for a long time. It is a local watering hole. The menu is fresh, and very delightful. The wine selection is average. The beer selection is great. In my opinion this is some of the best food in Raleigh North Carolina and all should enjoy. We went last Friday and the Tea Cup Gin jazz group was playing. Great local music. It can be a little noisy in the Irregardless Cafe.....

1  Thank Jim J
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has amazing vegetarian/vegan food and a creative menu. It's a little more expensive, but it's one of the few places where I actually enjoy live music at night (it's quiet enough to have a conversation, and usually you'll hear a James Taylor song) and it makes for a nice atmosphere. This and the Remedy are lifesavers for any vegetarians living in or visiting Raleighwood.