“Excellent surprise”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A long Saturday bike ride let us stop at this unusual cafe at 1:30PM. We went in and found they were serving brunch. Sat down to the strains of acoustic-electric guitar background music. We were surprised to look over and see it was live! A man off to the side was playing away and it greatly added to the pleasant vibe.
Now on to the food. We ordered the sausage and eggs and the french toast. I have to say it was all perfect! You sweeten your own tea with some liquid syrup and that worked well.
Great food, great service, great atmosphere. What more could you want?

There are newer reviews for Irregardless Cafe

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was visiting my son over the weekend and connected with a cousin who suggested we meet here for brunch. We arrived just before noon and the place was just starting to fill up. As soon as we sat down, our waiter delivered orange juice and a platter of sweet and savory breads. The cheesy cornbread was particularly delicious.

For entrees, we tried the Shrimp and Grits, the Seitan reuben and a chicken burrito. The chef accomodated our special requests to omit this or that from our respective entrees which were delivered quickly. Coffee and water refills were offered and our server was very pleasant. I wished my shrimp dish had a little more kick but there was no evidence of tasso ham which would have provided a little more heat. Between the breads and the entrees there was not room for dessert unfortunately.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Always love eating here. It had been awhile since I was last here, so I was very excited. My daughter and I are both vegetarian. Their menu is great for us. We went for dinner on Saturday, March 2. It was so crowded, the tables are practically on top of each other. I don't remember it being like that on previous visits. It was very loud, I couldn't even hear the female singer. The male server did not tell us his name, inform us of soup and specials,, and forgot the hummus we ordered as an app. I was sad about this because their hummus is awesome. I kept thinking it would arrive soon, but then our entrees came, so I knew he forgot. Disappointing! The food was good, although my portobello mushrooms were very little on the plate, julienned...very small as the feature of a main course. My daughter enjoyed her meal. I will definantly return. Just not on a weekend, and hopefully a better trained server will come to our table.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Irregardless Cafe on Valentine's Eve, and was, for the most part, pleased. The service was good and the background music was GREAT! I will say, however, I was disappointed with the Portabella Mushroom Entree. The last time I got this (what I remembered as amazing) dish, it was a whole mushroom with the most delicious sauce, etc., but this time...it was cut into very small portions, to the point I was actually looking for it on my plate. NOT GOOD! PLEASE go back to serving the mushroom whole. The rest of our meal, including the tasty hummus appetizer, was very nice.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Sunday breakfasts are so charming here. The food is reasonably priced - you get juice and plate of sweets to start that comes with your order. And everything tastes fresh. The service is friendly and quick.