“The food was great!”
Review of Irregardless Cafe

Irregardless Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Irregardless Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Raleigh's CAT bus stops at the corner of West Morgan Street and Tryon Hill, just across the street from the Cafe.
Description: Award winning restaurant, serving hand-crafted meals in downtown Raleigh since 1975. Featuring farm to table cuisine in the Cafe and at all Catering events. Great Jazz, Bluegrass & Folk music nightly, to be enjoyed with craft beers, unique wines and fun cocktails. Dinner, Lunch and Brunch menus feature local and organic ingredients, beef, lamb, seafood, poultry, duck, vegetarian, vegan & gluten free options. Affordable, upscale dinner specials paired with sizzling cocktails, craft beers and musical ensembles nightly spells fun! The Irregardless Cafe is the place where friends dine regularly.
Durham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The food was great!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

That was my first time, there. The food was great. The service was overall really good. We had music throughout the time. The only complain we have is that it was not kids friendly. There was no kids menu available. We had to pay for an adult size meal for our daughter.

• Visited February 2012

Cary, North Carolina
“You won't be sorry”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This has to be my favorite restaurant in Raleigh. You will not be disappointed. It is fresh, local, and delicious. The ambiance is great, usually live music and the service is fantastic too.

• Visited November 2011
North Carolina
“Always Interesting”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Never a boring meal at the Irregardless. The food is fresh and well-prepared. For the more adventurous diner.

Morrisville, North Carolina
“Brunch is a MUST, but PASS on dinner.”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We go to Irregardless regularly for brunch and it is fantastic. I usually get the eggs with apples and cinnamon inside and my beau gets eggs benedict. We also have a tea pot of Vanilla Chai tea with a little honey--it is amazing. I am allergic to dairy and they are very accommodating. They do have a wide array of vegan dishes-but I have not eaten those for brunch.

We decided since it was so good for brunch we would try it for dinner during Triangle Restaurant Week. NEVER AGAIN. We were so disappointed! We had to find out the hard way this was not the place for dinner-ever. I got the walnut salmon and he got the steak poivre. The salmon was quite bland (I will say I had to take off the butter, because I can't have it, but nothing else was offered in place of it) but the vegetables were delicious. His steak was terrible. He did not care for it at all. We both had the mediterranean platter with hummus and pita points and tabouleh, very good. Our dessert was another disappointment. I ordered the vegan chocolate cake and was very excited. Due to my allergy we can never do fixed menus, so this was very exciting for me to be able to eat dessert. It was like a dry cakey brownie, not very tasty at all. I have had vegan cookies at Whole Foods (for $1.19) that were a hundred times better than this cake. He had the butter brownies and was also very disappointed. Neither one of us finished our desserts.

We will definitely be returning for brunch, but never again for dinner. I would have rated it an excellent had we not eaten there for dinner. Heed my advice, you will not be sorry.

• Visited January 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Just The Best”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

A truly unique dining experience. The main courses are prepared to perfection and the service is first class. The live entertainment is the icing on the cake! Certainly ranks in our top three places to spend a night out in Raleigh.