“Not too exciting but OK”

Nina's Italian Ristorante
Ranked #558 of 1,446 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Greenville, North Carolina
“Not too exciting but OK”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I had great expectations about this restaurant. The place is nice just a little noisy. The food was Ok. The dessert not the best I ever had.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank vittoria5768

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Nice Homestyle Italian Cafe”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went with some friends to Nina's on a recent Friday night for the first time. Our friends' daughter had been there many times and really liked it and since this was a special evening for her she got to pick the restaurant. I have to say I wasn't very impressed when we drove up - just a typical shopping center location but parking was plentiful. Once inside we were warmly greeted and shown to our table. The dining room is one rather large space with a bar set off to the side behind a wall of bookcases. The bar looked more cozy and inviting than the dining room.

The menu was very traditional with nothing too ambitious on it - and that is just fine, There were plenty of good choices among traditional Italan dishes. Drink and appetizer orders were taken quickly and the server delievered some excellent bread to the table. . We had the fried calamari appetizer which was good although a bit under seasoned. The bread was so good we had to ask for more because we knew it was going to be perfect for sopping up sauce. We all ordered pasta dishes and none of us were at all disappointed. It was a good, solid presentation of some Italian Classics - Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti, Farfalle with shrimp and Scallops, Spinach Rolatini, and Linguine with white clam sauce. All in all, it was a satisfying meal.

Service was well paced and friendly.

My only gripe is with the dining room itself. It is a large space that doesn't offer much privacy and it can get noisy. There was a large group of ladies at a table in the center of the dining room who were obviously enjoying their meal and their wine. They got a loud several times and it was distracting to other diners. It would be nice if there were a little more partitioning of the dining space to create some intimacy and cut down a bit on the noisy, happy diners. Although, come to think of it, having visited Italy, noisy, happy diners were the norm - so perhaps Nina's is more authentic than I realized.

Overall Nina's was a pleasant dining experience in a nice neighborhood restaurant. It’s certianly worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank wilmadog
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Hello, does anyone see me?”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great restaurant and I will go back again when I am in Raleigh -- but I was seated at a table in the bar and waited for 15 plus minutes and no one brought me water, a menu, NOTHING. I'm pretty sure the owener (or manager) was sitting at the bar and noticed my table more than once. REALLY bas experience and walked down to PoppySead Market and found that I actually do exist and I was seated, watied on and ate a meal.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ButlertheDog
Wallace, North Carolina
“Good family run italian cuisine”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went to Nina's last thursday on our way to a show in Durham. Located in a small shopping center, Nina's is a family run restaurant serving traditional italian cuisine. Nothing fancy or creative, but reasonable italian staples, served in a very friendly atmosphere. We started w/ the stuffed mushrooms in the marsala wine sauce which was great,and the fried calamari that was good but nothing special. My wife had the cannaloni w/ the meat sauce and I had the ravioli w/ salmon. Both were good, but nothing exceptional.Service was efficient and professional.

• Visited June 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“Wonderful Italian”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nina's is one of those smaller restaurants that offers a lot. A good variety of excellent Italian dishes. A full bar and good, reasonably priced, wines. The atmosphere is appealing. The service is very good. This is a place to take your significant other for a quiet evening together.

• Visited April 2013