“Real Review, not tripe”

Margaux's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Margaux's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,484 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Strickland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I decided to share what a great experience we had @ Margaux's at lunch this past Friday but I read the review by Stephanie R and have to comment on it. If in fact it is a real review and not some competitor's propaganda, I question why Stephanie R didn't address her issues with management while at the restaurant. Maybe I am just more demanding or smarter, but I would not have an experience such as she described without letting management know in real time that I have a problem. As a frequent diner at Margaux's, for more than twelve years, I have never received service that 'sucked.' (I think a limited vocabulary is quite evident in Stephanie R's review) As for being loud and crowded, I've never found Margaux's too loud and if it was 'crowded' on the day Stephanie R claims to have visited, that is merely proof that Margaux's is doing something right and a lot of people in Raleigh know where to go to get a good meal and good service. Stephanie R's review seems a bit contrived. If a hostess is 'rude' and acts 'like it was a chore' to seat you, do you really hang around? Savvy people with self-respect wouldn't spend their money or waste their time at an establishment where you are made to feel bad before you are even seated. I think the review by Stephanie R is nothing more than tripe.. written because she either has a connection with a Margaux's competitor or had a bad date and wants to blame it on someone other than herself. For a real review, read this: Margaux's has an awesome menu, a superb wine list, great servers and management and an ambience (inside and on the patio) that is welcoming and satisfying. All this adds up to a great dining experience. The caesar salad is the best salad I've ever eaten. The Pamlico Sound crabcakes are an incredible appetizer and so is the calamari and sushi! There are too many fantastic entrees to even begin to describe in this review but I strongly recommend anything with scallops. I love scallops but they have to be cooked perfectly. Margaux's has never failed to deliver a perfect scallop dish to me and I am a demanding customer. If I ever do have a problem there, which I doubt I will, I know I can tell my server or the management and it will be resolved. That is simply the kind of restaurant Margaux's is. When I'm on the west coast you can find me at Las Brisas in Laguna Beach. On the east coast, there is no better place to dine and relax, or even discuss business, than Margaux's in Raleigh. And this is REAL review.

1  Thank cristina101

Reviewed August 6, 2013

A great let down. The service sucked - it was loud and crowded. The food - was just ok it really wasn't what everyone raved about. My food was tossed on the table. The steaks over done and chewy. I don't think it was just a "bad night" or our waiter - even the hostess was rude when we came in like it was a chore to seat us.

1  Thank Stephanie R
Reviewed July 29, 2013

High quality, deliciously creative food served by top professionals who exude a willingness to help and an uber positive attitude! Guarantee that you will enjoy this experience. Try the french onion soup - does not get better!

1  Thank Brad945
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am a very picky eater and the staff was wonderful about modifying any dish for me. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The food and service are superior! Called on July 5th at 10:30pm and booked a table for 12 in the Rotisserie room - very accommodating for such a last minute reservation with a very private atmosphere. Our waitress, Christina, made a great wine recommendation and had the chef put together various appetizers on 2 different appetizer platters so both ends of the table had a platter to share. The appetizers were delicious and I could only eat a small amount of my salad and entree - had to box it up to enjoy later. Awesome variety of fish - prepared several different ways. In our party we had vegetarians and carnivores and the menu satisfied all. What a wonderful evening! Several of the waitstaff assisted Christina - great teamwork....best service I've had in a long time and I eat out frequently.

1  Thank BeachLover0697