“Exceeded expectations....”

Margaux's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Margaux's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #128 of 1,483 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Strickland
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wife and I went for our anniversary... It was a wonderful experience. Great food, great atmosphere, great service... Will definitely be back

1  Thank Walmaguer

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I ate there on a Friday night.
We had rillette and sushi, they were very good but the portions were huge for appetizers.
He had baseball loin, a lot of veins, not a quality meat one would expect at such a restaurant.
I had antelope, way way too peppery, I oucl hardly taste the meat because there was so much pepper, not a mistake a "chef" should make!
the accompaniment for me: polenta and asparagus were perfect.
The desserts: key lime pie and creme brulee were excellent.
The accoustic is awful, the restaurant is in the pit with the bar above, we could hardly hear each other talk.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am a very 'picky' person; I won't give a good 'review' of a restaurant or any business unless it meets my expectations, which are pretty high. Last Thursday evening Margaux's met, and exceeded, my expectations. "Spend a Night with a Spaniard" was fantastico!
The Spanish Tapena wine, new to me, was quite good and the 'música española' and flamenco dancing accompanying it made the night extremely festive. With a packed patio and a full-house the service was still timely and delivered with a smile. Each person in my party of 7 ordered a different entree. As we ate, each of us was equally convinced our choice was the best item on the menu. Every dish was simply delicious.
Special events like this one and top-caliber service, a superb menu and inviting atmosphere make Margaux's an excellent place to dine (and relax, entertain and celebrate.)
Cheers, or perhaps I should say 'aplausos' to Margaux's management and staff for a great evening.

1  Thank cristina101
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped by Margaux's for a drink after work - just to relax before heading home. We found the staff there to be exceptional. The entire staff was professional, cheerful, funny and really appreciated the fact that we stopped in to have a drink at their establishment. We ended up having a delicious meal there as well. Absolutely plan on visiting Margaux's again and again!

2  Thank Brad945
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our second visit to Margaux's. Both visits were excellent. The menu is interesting and the food and service are wonderful.

2  Thank uncjillrossmom