“Love Margaux's!”

Reserve a Table
Sun, 9/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #91 of 1,705 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Strickland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our second visit to Margaux's. Both visits were excellent. The menu is interesting and the food and service are wonderful.

Date of visit: February 2013
2  Thank Sharon G
Write a reviewReviews (281)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

What used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Raleigh let me and my friends down tonight. A lost reservation followed by less than perfect service and my meal was sub-standard. Duck at Margaux's has always been one of their specialties. Tonight it was stringy, tough and while served with a steak knife, a chainsaw wouldn't have cut through this bird. The server with an attitude graced our table and while he may have been in the neighborhood, he wasn't at our table or the duck would have gone back before I tried to make it a biology project. A 90 rating may have been the key at the door and the reason to take on appetizers and bolt. Margaux's...what happened to you!

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank gstenzel
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was visiting family in North Carolina. In New Mexico, we normally don't have a great selection of seafood so when my family mentioned this place I didn't hesitate and boy was I glad. We went for dinner and they had an outside patio setting that looked so romantic with a beautiful display of lights, vines, and flowers. When I walked in I could tell I was going to love this place just by the doors alone and then I actually went inside! I loved the whole decor of the place even down to the bathrooms! After going back and forth between the menu, which by the way had an amazing selection of dishes! I decided on the Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon and I was not disappointed not only was the food amazing but the service was outstanding. The whole restaurant had such a cool hip vibe I didn't want to leave. I can't wait to come back to North Carolina because this will be my first stop when I do!

Date of visit: December 2012
1  Thank Coleen A
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If you like an amazing atmosphere, EXCELLENT service from the moment you walk in the door, every staff member makes your feel welcome, the food is in my opnion the best in raleigh, everything I've ever had there has been nothing short of awesome! OVERALL AN AWESOME EXPERIENCE.

Date of visit: January 2013
1  Thank melissa s
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you like home cooking, Margaux's is fine. If you're more of a foodie like me, go to Midtown Grille.

Today, my birthday, my husband asked me to choose a restaurant. We had been to Midtown a few times before and wanted to try something different.

At Margaux's, I had the escargot appetizer (drowning in butter), and the peppered duckling ($25; relies too much on sweetness for flavor) with cold (yes!) sweet potato mash. My husband had the bland duck terrine appetizer and forgettable Grilled NY strip ($29). Even the wine offerings by the glass are disappointing. Trader Joe's has better wines for $5/bottle.

For the same money, ambience, service and food are all better at Midtown. Just saying...

Date of visit: January 2013
2  Thank vbenito

Been to Margaux's Restaurant? Share your experiences!