“You know it's good when the line is out the door”

Neomonde Mediterranean
Ranked #2 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Since 1977, Neomonde which translates to "New World", has proudly offered Lebanese and Mediterranean Cuisine inspired by traditional Lebanese cooking the Saleh Brothers grew up with in their mountain village. Every dish on Neomonde's menu is prepared using simple, natural ingredients - just as Cecilia, the family matriarch, prepared them long ago. An award winning fast-casual restaurant, with dedication to excellence, Neomonde continues to mix traditional and contemporary fare filled with fresh heart-healthy choices, and is proud to include a wide variety of vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“You know it's good when the line is out the door”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you're reading this review, you are probably from out of town -- the locals know already know how great this place is. So, let's take it from that perspective. The best time to go is early evening on a weeknight when the weather is good. There will still be a nice lively vibe, but the crowd won't be overwhelming. You can sit out on the porch if you like and spend a few minutes shopping in the market after you eat. There is a wide variety of vegetarian, gluten-free, meaty, hot, cold, etc., so you are sure to find something you like, even if not everything is your particular fancy (for example, I'm sure the tabouli is great, if you like tabouli -- I'm just not into it). I love the chicken salad (wait until you see the giant chunks of chicken), tuna salad, fava bean salad, hummus and many others. They have a gluten-free lasagna that the wife really likes. Much of the food is also great as a take out option, if you want to grab dinner and head back to your hotel or have an alternative/addition to the Bojangles takeout picnic at your next Carter Finley tailgate (that's not a knock on Bojangles -- I've eaten more than my share of their biscuits over the years). Remember to ask for some complimentary pita wedges at checkout.

• Visited May 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Good healthy food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a nice cafeteria style dining place. On our visit we tried the Neomonde platter and loved it. They served an assortment of their healthy, homemade goodies. There is also a market here where you can pick up some things to take home.

• Visited May 2014
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Delicious, healthy and authentic”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Neomonde is a family owned deli, restaurant, Middle Eastern store. The staff is trained by family members, and they treat everyone like family. Many of the recipes are family generated and indeed, some are family prepared. The food is quite authentic. My husband's family is Arabic, and the food is just as it should be. The baba ghanoug is some of the best I've eaten and that includes my own which is pretty good. I buy pita there and have requests for it when we travel to CT. It is hands down the best pita in the area.
I also purchase ingredients for Middle Eastern dishes as well as spices, nuts, olives in bulk (several varieties), and their delicious Australian gazed apricots.
All this and a great value as well. Do yourself a favor and head to Neomonde. Don't be discouraged by lines at lunch time. Staff is efficient and the outdoor seating is very pleasant.

• Visited April 2014
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Good food that is GOOD for you!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit to this great place. The first time I did not take time to study the menu and all of the good combinations available!

This time I viewed the menu online. When I arrived, it was still hard to decide, yet I went with the "make your own platter" option.

Both visits provided a thoroughly nutritional, delicious meal, and the feeling that the next time I go back I am going to try the veggie lasagne that comes with two sides. The time after that I will just order sides as carryout by the pound.

There is NO way in this life that I could purchase raw ingredients, spices, etc. and have a meal this good. Great food, fair prices, good service. I normally hate having to bus my own table, yet the spirit in this place is different, and I wanted to!

Clayton, North Carolina
“Yum”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I love this but my dad loves it more it is very athuthentic Middle Eastern food I still love and you should try so do they have calm hours