“Great Beer Selection and Great Concept”
Review of World of Beer

World of Beer
Ranked #337 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: At World of Beer, we've got 50 craft beers on tap, over 500 in the cooler and a menu of tasty tavern fare that's crafted to go perfectly with beer. And whether you're a beer master or just beer curious, our insanely knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through every last pint, pour, and pairing. So c'mon. Let's go. Because there's no better place to go around the world, one sip at a time.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I love this place. Who not only can pick from a staggering amount of beers to drink you can also order food from near by restaurants when you get hungry. This is very convenient since they don't serve food here. The staff is always friendly and willing to help you find a beer to suit your tastes. Great place to watch hockey or football. They also have a rewards program!

There are newer reviews for World of Beer

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am not highly knowledgeable about beer but I like beer over wine. WOB has a great variety of beers and the staff is very helpful. We were there on a Friday night there was a live band and the atmosphere was young professional adult. Perfect for working along week and wanting to sit outside and chat with friends while throwing back a few great beers. When I go back to visit Raleigh I will be going back to WOB. We did not have any food. We only went for the beer variety.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We went here after dinner. We loved the atmosphere...it was hard to find a seat, but once we did he really enjoyed it. There's a lot of beer to choose from.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped in while visiting my mother in law who was in the hospital. This was a lot smaller than the WOB by our house. About a third of the taps. This one has no food. Only one bartender and a sorry waitress. He was good. Her not so much.

Service was good. The beer was good. I noticed they had liquor which our WOB doesn't. Decent crowd.

1  Thank theeviltwin
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The information following the *, below, is from the World of Beer website, simply because they have described the establishment accurately and much better than I could. My personal additions are to note that: 1) there is no food served but they allow food and beverages from outside to be brought in; 2) this is not technically a "restaurant" nor does it serve "American" cuisine (but that's the way tripadvisor listed it); 3) soft drinks, wine, and some mixed drinks are available; 4) the servers are generally very knowledgeable about their beers -- no small feat considering there are 100s of beers (bottle and draft) to choose from; 5) the prices are, to me, on the high side -- about $5-$9 a pint (though many of the beers are indeed excellent).
And now, here's the company's description, perhaps a little fluffy but it does fit my experience.
*"World of Beer is a truly uncommon establishment where the experience is as essential as the product. At World of Beer, having the most extensive beer selection is not enough. It is important that a broad spectrum of patrons, from the beer aficionado to the casual beer fan, can enjoy the best beers on the planet and increase their beer knowledge in a comfortable and upbeat setting. By combining a friendly environment with an exceptionally knowledgeable staff, World of Beer creates an atmosphere where patrons feel at home, as if they are visiting a neighbor and not just a neighborhood bar."

1  Thank JMinNC