“Something for Everyone”

Aladdin's Eatery
Ranked #134 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed April 15, 2014

To my surprise, a storefront type restaurant offered delicious food that even vegetarians and vegans can enjoy. The menu items clearly indicated which food is associated with which dietary lifestyle, so that everyone can find something they "can eat." I tried the chili and it was the best ever. The desserts looked heavenly (those were not on my particular diet plan). If your group of friends represent a mixed bag of tastes, perhaps this is the place for you.

There are newer reviews for Aladdin's Eatery

Reviewed March 24, 2014

There is no aspect of this restaurant that is not good, whether it be the staff, the quality of the food, or the prices. We were highly impressed with this eatery and especially since we stopped here on a whim while out shopping. My husband and I ordered pita wraps that were delicious and well-made with fresh quality ingredients and very reasonably priced at that. We spent most of our time in the restaurant drooling over the display case of cakes and cheesecakes by the register, and finally after being given an excellent description of what each cake was by the wonderful hostess, we chose the Heath bar cheesecake. There are no words to describe how good it was. Seriously, this is probably the best cheesecake I've ever had, period. We will be going back here regularly in the future, even if it's only for dessert.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great food (fresh and tasty!!). Amazing service. Flavor Savor is my all time favorite at this place. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had such a wonderful experience here that I asked my husband to leave a generous tip for a waitress. I wondered what else I could do to thank Aladdin's for such a wonderful visit and then thought, I'll write a review, something I do infrequently.

I had to make a return in the Brier Creek area which is about 20 minutes from our home, so I searched for restaurants nearby before our family headed out. With a 5 year old and newly walking 1 year old we needed something quick and kid friendly. I am bored to death of typical American food, so suggested this place to my husband, who OK'ed the visit as long as it was not a sit down place. I assumed it wasn't until we pulled up and saw patrons at tables with menus. I insisted we try it anyway as it looked like a place that could handle our kids.

We were immediately greeted and when seated were asked if we wanted the shades pulled so the sun wasn't in our eyes. Initially we didn't, but when the sun did become a problem our waitress was quick to oblige our request for shade. As I don't eat Middle Eastern food often (read almost never),I wanted to be a bit adventurous. I had several questions about the menu, and our waitress was extremely helpful in giving descriptions and helped me narrow down my selection. I got the Flavor Combo, which was not only delicious, but huge. It was also an incredibly reasonable price. In the future, my husband and I could probably share one of the combo meals, but at least I have a tasty lunch waiting for me tomorrow.

My 5 year old ordered off the kid's menu. It had some typical kid fare, but from the descriptions the meals seemed much healthier than your average kid's meal. Generally we encourage our son to share with us to expand his palate, but the kid's meal of chicken tenders with rice and vermicelli seemed slightly off the beaten path. The chicken tenders were marinated, grilled, and juicy (definitely not your average chicken tender). His portion was huge and the price was excellent. I knew my 1 year old would pick off all our plates, but I asked if it was possible to get the fruit side that comes with some of the kids meals, minus the meal. The waitress told us certainly and brought a large plate with a variety of fruit which she personally cut into bite size pieces. I have been so turned off by fruit cups at other restaurants lately that taste like lemon juice and are unripe, that I was initially shocked that I was actually given fresh fruit.

My 1 year old got antsy while waiting for the food, so my husband took our kids outside. We try to be respectful of others in this regard, especially at sit down meals. While they walked outside one of the other waitresses (owner, family members?) came and chatted with me about my children. She was incredibly personable. I generally am not the best at small talk, but she stayed and talked with me just the right length of time. The food also came surprisingly fast. I didn't have my phone to alert my husband our food had arrived, so he was shocked that by the time he got back I had everything cut and ready to go for our kiddos.

After we left, a man whom I believe to be the manager, ran out to give our son some baklavah sticks. He asked if our little girl wanted any. When my husband said she really didn't need any, he still went in and got more for us. Then he complimented our family and asked how we liked our meal and if there was anything that could be improved. I don't relish small talk or people who clearly have an agenda, but these people were all genuinely excited to have us at the restaurant and cared what we thought. I didn't feel any fakeness from anyone, unlike some waiters who are obviously putting on a show or feel too above it all to care. I felt like I'd been transported to a "mom and pop" restaurant in a small town, when in actuality we were in a franchise within a huge strip mall.

The food was wonderful, but the service was beyond outstanding. Although we don't get to Brier Creek often, we'll definitely have to make a special trip back for Aladdin's.

1  Thank Joy P
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The food here is very good - we really enjoy going. Their fattoush salad is delicious, and the falafel sandwich is very good. Their hummus is creamy and nicely flavored, and my kids love the chicken and beef kabobs. We love mediteranean food, and this is certainly worth visiting.