“No Flavor”

Add it.
Pampas Raleigh
Cuisines: Argentinean, Cuban
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having been to both Cuba and Argentina, I have a good grasp of the cuisine from those areas of the world. This Cuban/Argentinian restaurant disappointed. While the yucca appetizer was delicious, with a savory sauce, our entrees had very little flavor. We ordered the Churrasco Steak and the Roasted Pork. Both meats were cooked appropriately and tender. However, there was hardly any flavor to either - which is not representative of Cuban and Argentinian cuisine! The rice and beans were blah, and I'm pretty sure the french fries were previously frozen ... they were inedible. Where normally I can clear my plate when I really like the dish, both plates were 'finished' with at least half the food still on our plates. It was just so bland that we didn't want to waste any energy chewing such flavorless food. The only reason I gave this restaurant 2 stars, instead of 1, is because the yucca was so good. And, there was only 1 waitress for the entire place, meaning we were left waiting for exceptionally long periods of time with no service, and the meal took twice as long to close out as we would have expected with more staff.

There are newer reviews for Pampas Raleigh