“Small gem at the Seaboard station - Great Korean Bistro” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 1,440 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Atlanta, Georgia
“Small gem at the Seaboard station - Great Korean Bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

Kimbap is a cozy Korean bistro at the Seaboard Station. You may wait a little to get a seat in the few tables or at the bar but it worths!. The menu is seasonal, like a bistro, it is updated daily in the blackboard. The kitchen is behind a glass wall and you can watch the action. Everything tastes very fresh. I love the pork belly! In lettuce wraps with kimchi or in a noodle soup it is crispy and delicious. Wine list is very limited but OK. You can BYOB and pay a corkage fee. Try it.

• Visited May 2014

Belton, South Carolina
“Great dining experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been to Korea. I have eaten true Korean cuisine. While this restaurant adds an American twist, I can easily recognize each Korean dish that inspired it even without their namesakes being on the menu. My three teenage daughters also loved this restaurant, which says a LOT about the taste and aesthetics. To clear up some false claims: there are MANY vegan and vegetarian dishes that include tofu on this menu, and the prices aren't anymore expensive than most other restaurants in the area serving traditional American dishes. The space is small. My girls had to sit at one table while my husband and I were at another, but that only adds to the intimate feel, granted, most special occasions could not be housed here due to its minimal size. I like the fact that I can see the kitchen. It is very clean and organized. The chefs have a kempt appearance. To my knowledge, they do not take reservations, but each time that we have been there, we have never had to wait for a seat. The bathrooms were maintained well. The staff was friendly and our server was phenomenal and attentive. We had one of each vegetarian/vegan item on the menu. There was absolutely NOTHING that we did not enjoy. The dukbokki was a bit spicy, so if you have an aversion to spice, do not have the dukbokki. We had the tofu topped bibimpbap was excellent, the tofu (vegan) version of the seafood curry was executed deliciously (but also has some heat), the veggie kimbap rolls and mandu dumplings were little purses of flavor. We also had japchae, kimchi, sesame greens, and steamed rice, all of which were delicious in different degrees. If I had to pick a dish that I liked the least, I would say it was the sesame greens, which I felt had a bit too much toasted sesame oil flavor. I felt that for the quality of the food, the richly developed flavor palate and combinations, and the fresh, organic, local ingredients used, the cost was appropriate. If you enjoy Asian cuisine, this is an excellent dining experience that you won't want to miss.

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh,NC
“Nice, fresh and spicy food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I've been here a couple of times for lunch. Their food selection at lunch is limited but its pretty good. They make their own kimchee which I do like and I had a side of sauteed greens ( collards) which was very tasty and bitter , just how I like them. Staff is pleasant.
It's a little on the expensive side for lunch ($18/19 inc tip) but nice when you feel like something a little different

• Visited January 2014
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Interesting and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Nice little rest. is a very small tucked away strip. Waitress was outstanding. very patient and friendly. Helped us decide what we wanted. Dumplings were very good. Kimchi was not so great but I am not a Kimchi expert. We had a nice variety enjoyed it all. A tad pricey for lunch but I would rather pay a bit more for quality. Waitress suggested the pumpkin cake for dessert. It was amazing.

• Visited November 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delish, but a little pricy for lunch.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

First time visit to a Korean restaurant and it was really good. I had the bibimbap rice bowl with beef. The menu indicated it was rated as a favorite Korean dish ad it was great - I left feeling full. However, I thought it was a little pricy for lunch @ $11. The restaurant is very small , maybe seating for 20 with additional counter space. They do have daily specials - Mondays were 1/2 price bottles of wine. I will likely go again for lunch, but probably not for dinner.

• Visited October 2013