“Good food, great atmosphere and service!”

Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 1,464 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Raleigh NC
“Good food, great atmosphere and service!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I ate at the new Hibernian on a recent Sunday evening. We were told that there might be a 15-20 minute wait, though there were lots of tables visibly open. They took a cell number and said that they'd text us when our table was ready. Two minutes later, the hostess came around the corner to tell us our table was ready. Our server appeared very quickly. He made helpful recommendations for beer and appetizers.

The Silver Dollar Mushrooms were AMAZING! So hot that we had to wait a few minutes to eat them! I had the Reuben, which was very good. Could have used a smidge more sauerkraut, I thought, but it was very good My husband had the Fish and Chips and opted for the haddock. It was also really, really good. We each ate about half of our dinner and took home half of the mushrooms. We each had two beers, an appetizer, and a entree each and the bill was under $50 AND we had food to take home. Seemed like a good deal to me!

The decor was exactly what I expected. Bright, bloody red and dark woods with golden women all around. There were nice cubbyholes with tables of varying heights and sizes. They have a nice room behind the main bar for private functions. There were books everywhere, which is a great idea in these days of Smart Phones.

We loved it! We'll go back and take our friends with us!

USA
“Won't rush back”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The parking here is horrible. They have started valet, but you shouldn't need valet for this type of place. Not sure if the employees are using most of the spaces. I had the black bean burger and it was very good, my firends had the cuban and it was ok. It was like a panini and the best part of a Cuban is the bread (to us), so this kind of missed the mark. They have a pretty limited beer selection on draft. The typical Irish pub beers, but disappointed that they don't have more of the local brews. The specialty bottles are very overpriced. The server was at our table every two minutes until we ordered, then very hard to find. Overall it was decent, but overrated.

• Visited May 2013
Galway, Ireland
“stopped by for a Guinness”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped by for a Guinness and considering Guinness doesn't travel well it was very good. Had a steak which was a bit fatty and rare when medium was asked for. Mushroom starter was excellent. Staff were excellent especially Heather f. Liked the decor and would return for a beer but maybe not the food.

• Visited May 2013
Dunedin, Florida
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The decor is very attractive. The service was great. The food was mediocre. My two companions had the corn beef and cabbage. They both thought that the corn beef was too fatty and the cabbage was overcooked. I had the Shepard's Pie. It was ok but nothing to get excited about. Spirits were expensive for, what I consider, a short pour. Beer was much more reasonable. We will probably try this restaurant again in a month or so and see if there is any improvement.

North Carolina
“Nice service, poor food”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

An Irish pub should be able to handle fish and chips. Not so here. I had cod and chips. Mine was obviously fresh from the freezer as it developed a pool of water on the bottom of the plate. Chips were mealy and soft. Slaw was runny and stringy. They have a good word of mouth reputation from the previous restaurant downtown so we may have hit them on an off day ... but for us it was a combo visit - first and last. Too many good places nearby.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!