“stopped by for a Guinness”

Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #155 of 1,476 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stopped by for a Guinness and considering Guinness doesn't travel well it was very good. Had a steak which was a bit fatty and rare when medium was asked for. Mushroom starter was excellent. Staff were excellent especially Heather f. Liked the decor and would return for a beer but maybe not the food.

There are newer reviews for Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The decor is very attractive. The service was great. The food was mediocre. My two companions had the corn beef and cabbage. They both thought that the corn beef was too fatty and the cabbage was overcooked. I had the Shepard's Pie. It was ok but nothing to get excited about. Spirits were expensive for, what I consider, a short pour. Beer was much more reasonable. We will probably try this restaurant again in a month or so and see if there is any improvement.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

An Irish pub should be able to handle fish and chips. Not so here. I had cod and chips. Mine was obviously fresh from the freezer as it developed a pool of water on the bottom of the plate. Chips were mealy and soft. Slaw was runny and stringy. They have a good word of mouth reputation from the previous restaurant downtown so we may have hit them on an off day ... but for us it was a combo visit - first and last. Too many good places nearby.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a party of 20 (Thursday evening) family and friends in town (from MA) for a wedding. We grabbed a few tables in the bar area, happy to catch the Red Sox on their big screen TV. At the suggestion of the waiter I ordered a cheeseburger, he commented they grind their own beef. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Hamburg. This was one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. My husband had a Cuban Sandwich- also very pleased ,..service was great and very accommodating for our large party. I'd definatley recommend the Hibernian!

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Place is hopping! If you are looking for a lively, friendly atmosphere, this is it. A Boston Cheers mix with Irish charm. Great lunch sandwiches, brews, pub food. Parking is limited. Service was super friendly and efficient.

Been to Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!