“Great Burgers!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Holden, Massachusetts
“Great Burgers!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a party of 20 (Thursday evening) family and friends in town (from MA) for a wedding. We grabbed a few tables in the bar area, happy to catch the Red Sox on their big screen TV. At the suggestion of the waiter I ordered a cheeseburger, he commented they grind their own beef. I'm pretty picky when it comes to Hamburg. This was one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. My husband had a Cuban Sandwich- also very pleased ,..service was great and very accommodating for our large party. I'd definatley recommend the Hibernian!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Bustling Irish restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Place is hopping! If you are looking for a lively, friendly atmosphere, this is it. A Boston Cheers mix with Irish charm. Great lunch sandwiches, brews, pub food. Parking is limited. Service was super friendly and efficient.

Florida
“Atmosphere/Beer Good, Food Poor”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

As a pub/bar, the selection of beers and atmosphere was good. The so called "Irish Fare", "made scratch", and "mother's love"...well Mom must have been on Easter Break! The Shepherd's Pie was more like greasy brown hamburger gravy with spots of mash potatoes on top. It had cheddar cheese topping!?? Not a speck of veggies in the pie, but came with a sad side pile of greens. Sorry, but in Ireland, its not served this way. The Fish and Chips were a disappointment too, the batter was spotty and not even fully covering the fish. Chips were soggy and bland (hmm, tasted like it came from a bag). For the non-Irish fare, such as the wings, and onion rings were average. The Caprese Salad was laughable. Again sparse amount of cheese with CUBED not sliced tomatoes surrounding the little mounds of cheese! Even though its a pub, someone needs lessons on food prep and presentation. We will not return to this location. Glenwood Ave location was better, too bad it burned down.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Beware.. there is no parking and you will get towed”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have tried to go to this restaurant twice and both times there was an hour and a half wait for a table and we couldn't find a parking space anywhere. So the third time I was determined to get a table and arrived at 5:30. There was still no parking but I was able to get a table for myself and 5 girlfriends. Our server was great and I enjoyed my food however when we went to leave 3 of my girlfriends who parked in the Kroger parking lot because there were no spaces had gotten towed. In order to get their cars back we had to drive to Knightdale, which took us an hour and we got lost twice, and pay $125 per car to get their cars back. That was one expensive dinner and definitely not worth the hassle. We will not be back till they fix the parking situation.

• Visited March 2013
Raleigh
“Great Ambiance, LOUD!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hibernian is barely a month old. It's a half mile from my house. I was excited as I watched its construction. It's so very cool inside... mahogany wood, booths set in like little cozy coves, a library, details in architecture everywhere, little nook-knacks everywhere... A+ for ambiance. Friendly waiters (not hostess). However... they are like Nazi's when they seat you. I've been there four times, and each time, I wait at least 15 minutes, despite the fact that there are PLENTY of empty tables. They say their kitchen can't handle it. Ahhh... get a better cook? I'm *dying* to sit in the library, just once before I die, but I'm not allowed, for some reason. Makes me feel like I'm not good enough. Being older, they tried to seat me on this little round stool two feet from the ground, no back support; I would be in agony. Customers have no rights about where they're seated, even if you request an empty table. The seats dig into your hips. They ALWAYS seat me in the "yellow" room in back where it's so very loud. All this, IF (and big IF) you can find parking. I got the last parking space available on a Tuesday at 1:00!

I love the outdoor seating but I am never allowed to sit there.

Be prepare to wait a looooong time for your food. Bangers and mash taste plain, with mushy flavorless bangers/sausages. With the corned beef and cabbage, the thick corned beef was tough and grizzly, and the cabbage has a funny taste. The Reuben sandwich was excellent. I substitute coleslaw instead of sauerkraut, b/c sauerkraut makes me puke. Just sayin'...

I miss Duffy's, where I went about 3 times a month, at least. (I'm having she-crab soup withdraws). Due to parking and seating and waits, I may come here 3 times a year. While it looks nice, it's just too uncomfortable. And LOUD!

To their benefit, they're only a month old, so maybe they'll get their act together with the too-narrow chairs, acoustics, seating arrangements, and parking.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JodyPony

Been to Hibernian Irish Pub & Restaurant? Share your experiences!