“Favorite of mine ”

Cuisines: South American
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Favorite of mine ”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I go here for lunch almost weekly and I've never had a bad experience. Parking in the shopping center is a pain, but it's worth it. The arepas are so good and so is their guasaca. Perfect lunch place.

Waltham
“One pocket wonder”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Guasaca specializes in one item, the stuffed arepa. However, if you want something lighter, you can skip the arepa (the soft, warm flatbread) and have the filling in a bowl or salad. Since it was my first time I went with the braised tilapia arepa. The tilapia had a bit of a strong fishy smell but I like fish so didn't mind. It was chopped/shredded finely and had a lot of spices and seasonings that complimented the other fillings (I went with the black beans, pico de gallo and plantains). The plantains were AWESOME: sweet and soft.
The staff was friendly and even gave me a taste of the tilapia before I ordered it.
The arpea looked a little small at first but ended up being pretty darn filling.

• Visited July 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Demands Attention”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

One dish (not called guacamole, but perhaps a version of it) is excellent and worth a visit to Guasaca. Other food, as the Amy N review states is "messy eating, but tasty." Crowded at lunch, but economical, this restaurant has "fast food" written all over it, but it is better tasting and healthier than a burger joint. The sandwiches drip and fall apart, so perhaps a bowl of ingredients might be easier to deal with. Whatever, attempting to eat a take-out sandwich on-the-road is not recommended. Expect to wait in line, pull up a chair, have plenty on napkins on hand, and eat consciously. The hot sauce (Chipotle) is the best and one may find the flavorful South American cuisine to be even better than tacos and burritos.

• Visited June 2014
NC
“messy eating, but tasty”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I ordered an arepa, nice because it's not too much food. just the right amount for a lady. It tried to come apart, but was delicious and reasonably priced. I would go back.

Visited April 2014
Watertown, Massachusetts
“Awesome Value, Flavor-Packed”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is so much better than burritos, because they are half the size, and I don't want to eat that much at each meal! Also, they were so helpful; we didn't know what all the sauces were and they gave us some to try and told us what was in each one (I can't eat onions and don't like cilantro). The food is very fresh, flavorful, good portion size (you can get a variety of sizes), you can get a HOT sauce, the arepas have the right texture, it's unique and the price is amazing.
The restaurant is very clean and attractive and I wish it was near my house!

• Visited June 2014

Been to Guasaca? Share your experiences!