“Amazing!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I are vegetarians and we love to find places that are creative when it comes to vegetarian dishes. We have been to Fiction Kitchen twice now and both meals were amazing! We ordered the localvore salad each time and the daily specials along with some of the other menu items. Everything we ordered was well prepared, beautifully plated, and delicious! The prices are very reasonable and the staff is friendly. When I go to a vegetarian restaurant, I'm not hoping to see a bunch of meat substitute dishes, trying to make the menu look like a non-vegetarian restaurant, which is what most do. Fiction Kitchen utilizes wonderful local ingredients to create delicious vegetarian dishes that I could not make at home. We will definitely be going here often!

• Visited June 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a great restaurant!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

So 3 weeks ago I decided to stop eating meat. Being newly "vegitarianized" I decided to take my girlfriend here for her birthday. She still eats meat but was happy to try. We are so glad we came here! We had the soup of the day, a sweet potato one, and spring rolls. Both were good. For entries we had the risotto and faux chicken tacos. Neither let us down. Service was top notch... everyone there was happy, courteous, and helpful. We look forward to coming back!

• Visited June 2014
North Carolina
“Didn't live up to the hype for us”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I had been looking forward to trying Fiction Kitchen for a long time - the veg menu and "kooky" atmosphere that I'd heard about seemed right up our alley. Unfortunately, when we finally tried it, we found the food to be nothing to write home about, the service to be the same, and the atmosphere to be VERY loud and not particularly memorable. We will not be back.

2 Thank leighcecilia
“Definitely must go!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a vegan, vegetarian and have no dietary restrictions but my boyfriend is. Upon visiting north carolina to scope out the area for our upcoming move. We went in and we're greeted by server Emily she was so sweet and offered much help in our selection process. From apps to dinner to wine and dessert she was a perfect 10! We will absolutely go back and hope to enjoy many more meals here. If you have the chance to experience it don't pass It up!

“Love This Place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'm not a vegan. And I'm not a vegetarian, either. But I love to eat as little meat as possible, and finding good veggie options can be difficult, especially in our meat-obsessed South. Luckily, Fiction Kitchen is a great option for all people: not just the veggie-obsessed! This place ramps up the flavor and freshness, making it a wonderful and tasty option, regardless of your eating habits. And the drinks are great, too! Definitely try the veggie chips. They are worth the calories, believe me.

• Visited February 2014