“Excellent vegetarian food, for veggies and non-veggies alike.”
Review of Fiction Kitchen

Fiction Kitchen
Ranked #38 of 1,448 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cary, North Carolina
“Excellent vegetarian food, for veggies and non-veggies alike.”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We come here every week or two and it is consistently wonderful. So glad they came on the scene. They get food fresh locally and it shows.

1 Thank trs50

California
“Don't Miss This Fantastic Vegan Restaurant in Raleigh”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

This place isAMAZING; vegan culinary heaven in the heart of Raleigh. We took another couple for their first vegan dining experience -- and Fiction Kitchen nailed it. Two of us had the (very Southern, outstandingly delicious) Belgian waffles with "chicken," arugula, agave syrup, and sliced apples with a beautiful presentation. One of us had the curry bowl, and the other had seasonal potatoes and vegetables; both plates were cleared completely. We four then shared a single slice of Ganache Truffle Pie with Salted Caramel --- no trace remained. Fiction Kitchen is packed to the rafters and still people are queued outside the door waiting. Open at 5pm for dinner, I would suggest you come early. Beautiful colors and artwork, great staff, friendly patrons, and fabulous service and food -- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Chapel Hill
“Great vegan, but only OK if you are just vegetarian”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went here for an early dinner one Saturday. The menu is interesting and well executed and great for vegan food; but I'm not usually big on meat substitutes, and then menu focuses on that rather than innovative vegetarian/vegetable dishes. Service is way better than Remedy, but, unless I'm going out with a vegan, there are more interesting vegetarian (rather than vegan-only) spots I'd go to first. Very funky/bright decor.

• Visited March 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Vegan food well executed”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If it weren't for the suggestion by a bartender at Trophy Brewing, I would not have visited here, to be quite honest. Many a time I took a bus home from the bus stop nearby, and didn't even notice.

I had an excellent curry bowl with kale, beet, bok choy and onion. Vegetables were fresh and the curry was flavorful. I highly recommend it. My friend had tinga tacos, which he enjoyed very much as well.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“OMG! This place is delicious.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the cocktail (which had a black pepper agave syrup in it) to the meal, everything was perfect. I had the farmers market plate. The combination of kale, potatoes, turnips was so good that I would have licked my plate if I were in private. We are nearly all-the-time vegans, and we are so happy to see this fresh, local and amazingly delicious place in our town!

1 Thank Leanne W