“Great Food, Slow Service”

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar
Ranked #4 of 1,455 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: BAD is GOOD. Like when something is so outrageous you can't help but love it. That's the inspiration at Bad Daddy's. Here, the humble burger is given super star status. With premium beef, sizzled up hot on our grill, and surrounded with artisan ingredients, toppings, & condiments. If you aren't in the mood for beef, we have so many other options: from chicken to turkey burgers, black bean burgers to tuna burgers, not to mention the chopped salads and the full Create Your Own menu. Even if you have special dietary requests, like gluten free, we can accommodate. Looking for a cool place to hang out and grab a drink? With our award winning line-up of North Carolina craft beers and fresh squeezed cocktails, you are going to love this place!
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
“Great Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, but the service was slow. Had an hour for lunch and was across the street from them so decided to check them out. I got back ten minutes late. I guess if you had alot of time it wouldn't matter, or if they were real busy I could understand. Still nice place for a burger.

Visited June 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Awesome food in a great atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Can't say enough great things about this menu. There's a great selection of burgers from the types of meat to choose from to the toppings that go on the sandwich. Everything was delicious. Their sauces are also amazing. Everyone at our table got something different and everyone agreed it was great all around! Our waitress was also very nice...service was wonderful all around!

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Ladies night out made better”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went here for a Ladies night out. We had a great time, great service and great food. Ordered Mama Ricotta’s Burger* Basic burger with housemade mozzarella, pesto, vine
ripened tomatoes, pepperoncini & extra virgin olive oil...WOW. I am still craving that burger. Will definitely go back and take the fam.

• Visited April 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Food, Questionable Service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've now been to Bad Daddy's twice. The food is pretty good, consisting of gourmet-type burgers, and a choice of something unhealthy like tater tots, hand-cut fries, or homemade potato chips, for around $9-10. They have some vegetarian options like a black bean burger, and some gluten-free breading, which is pretty unique among the burger joints in our area. The beer selection is good, with quite a bit on draft for $4.50-5.00 per pint, and some nightly drink special. The restaurant itself is very nice with booths, outdoor seating, and lots of tv's (pseudo-sports bar). The first time I ate at this restaurant, the service was good. The second time I ate at this restaurant, the service was horrible. The guy took our order, but someone else brought the food, and then another waiter and the manager refilled drinks and took a "second round" order before we ever saw our waiter again. When our waiter finally showed back up, he dropped off a single check for four guys, which we told him we needed split (attempt #1). In a restaurant that happily splits checks, if you are a waiter, shouldn't you always ask "how are we doing checks tonight?" So the guy takes off to split the bill. Ten minutes later, he comes back with three checks as requested, and it could not have been more wrong if he tried (attempt #2). Check 1 had things from check 2, check 2 had things from check 3, check 3 had things from check 1. So off he goes to try again. At this point, when we've only ordered four entrees, and five drinks as a table, couldn't he just ask us again what each of us ordered? I mean are nine items really that hard to split up across 3 checks? So he comes back, and it's still wrong (attempt #3). Off he goes again. Next, he is apparently too embarrassed to try again and sends the manager over, who finally has a brain and asks what each of us ordered (attempt #4). Then finally the manager comes back and drops off the correct checks along with coupons for free potato chips on our next visit (attempt #5). Seriously? Two suggestions... if folks ask to split a check, just quickly confirm what each of them ordered if you don't remember or if you didn't write it down (and why wouldn't you write it down?). It's not that hard. And when folks first sit down, ask them how they want to do checks. Restaurants drive me crazy. I know waiters, and they all say the same thing--splitting a check is the easiest thing in the world, if you aren't a complete screw up. I wouldn't avoid Bad Daddy's because of this one dolt, but if others post similar experiences, it could be this relatively new restaurant has a training issue to resolve.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Glad they have came to the Capital City!”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first time eating at Bad Daddy's was in Charlotte. So I am glad they have opened this location in Raleigh. My spouse and I stopped in for dinner before we caught an IMAX movie downtown and was very pleased. This location is bigger than the Charlotte location off East Blvd. They have indoor/outdoor seating, a great bar and flatscreens everywhere. My spouse ordered a burger that had BBQ sauce and onion straws on it and I had a applewood-bacon cheeseburger. Both were great. This location is situated right downtown and very close to everything. Like I said previously, we stopped in for dinner and then went straight to the IMAX. So this was very convenient.

• Visited May 2013