“Morning Times - Our regular coffee stop”
Review of Morning Times

Morning Times
Ranked #3 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Raleigh
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Morning Times - Our regular coffee stop”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Morning Times is one of our favorite neighborhood places with our favorite people. Awesome coffee and espresso drinks, great food, all served up by great people like Tim, Casey, Chaz, Brian and Helen. We've been going to the Times for coffee and the occasional breakfast ever since they opened their doors and have never been disappointed. Be sure to eat your way through the new breakfast menu - all items are very good and made with the same care and flair you find next door at the Raleigh Times. The pastries, scones and cookies are pretty incredible, too.

Visited August 2013

“Great coffee!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I love to swing by Morning Times for a mocha when I am downtown - wonderful coffee. They also have good desserts.

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“It Does What It Says On the Wrapper”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a very hip spot in Raleigh, and because of that, I’ve avoided it for awhile. I’m not one for large crowds and this place can get crowded. Somehow, I managed to slip in one morning when it wasn’t crowded and have now been back several times since.
I love their pour over coffees. They apparently offer a variety and change the menu of coffees regularly. Beyond that, I am a chai tea drinker and theirs is very much up to my high standards though not the best I’ve had (Dripolator Coffee House in Montreat, NC). The breakfast sandwich I ordered was good. No complaints on the food.
As for the atmosphere, the upstairs seating is great for working and I like sitting by the window and watching the people pass on the street below. If you want a more up close view, there are tables on the sidewalk out front where it seems that most people like to sit. All in all, a great little local coffee house.

• Visited June 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“The place to be on Sunday morning!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Dine on the street, on the main level - or upstairs. You place your order at the counter and receive your drinks and a number tag for your food order.

The place is very comfortable and earth-friendly (first restaurant I've seen with a compost bin option for trash).

The food selections were very creative - like waffle sandwiches - from peanut butter and jelly to scrambled eggs, bacon and blackstrap molasses.

First tried to go to Crema, but it's closed on Sunday. So this was the place to go! Glad I went - and would definitely go back!

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Delicious Coffee, Equally Delish Pastries!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a late breakfast. I have lived here for 8 years, but never ventured to the Morning Times to eat or drink coffee. Even at 11am, the line snaked around the small space inside and we found our way to the back. The guys behind the counter though were efficient and friendly! Taking orders and getting them filled quickly. We ordered two cappuccino's, a scone and an apple pastry (can't remember the name). Pastries were served on warm plates and coffee was ready quickly thereafter! We ventured onto the sidewalk where we found a table in the sunshine and enjoyed some second hand smoke (only for a short time), but quickly settled in for an enjoyable snack and coffee together! We'll be back! Not sure I can take all the hipster'ness thought....I was so out of place! ;-)

• Visited May 2013