“You MUST Try the Sweet Potato Fries”
Review of Bolt Bistro and Bar - CLOSED

Bolt Bistro and Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hargett St
Description: The concept of Bolt is to bring a sleek, clean, approachable, and affordable dining experience to Downtown Raleigh. Our chefs are working on a local infused menu from North Carolina which is rich with culinary culture and Bolt is committed to bringing an exciting selection for all to enjoy. Bolt’s menu has been developed to be true to its bistro concept to deliver a wide array of options to satisfy any palette from our flatbreads to our sliders, salads, variety of fish, steaks and pastas. We offer a great selection of wine by the glass, pricing from $5-$12! We also offer great local craft beers; bottles and draft. Bolt also offers a great space for your private party where we are able to host corporate, pharmaceutical, or wedding rehearsals. We have wireless capabilities for your broadcasts or meeting requirements. We also offer catering for any size parties. Bolt offers a private elevator entrance for our VIP functions. We offer the only heated outdoor dining on Fayetteville Street
Reviewed October 16, 2015

Bolt Bistro and Bar is located on Fayetteville Street in downtown Raleigh, just a block from the courthouse. The restaurant has a spacious sidewalk dining area, and because it was a beautiful day we ate outside. I did not set foot inside Bolt, but I can assure the service was swift and the food was outstanding.

Two of us in the party ordered the California Chicken sandwich, which consisted of a large roll with grilled breast of chicken, lettuce, tomato, applewood smoked bacon, guacamole, and chipotle aioli. This sandwich was sooo flavorful, the guacamole and chipotle aioli were superb and I loved the sandwich. But the sweet potato fries. Oooooooh, the sweet potato fries. I will compare every sweet potato fry I ever eat again to these I ate at Bolt. They were waffle cut and perfectly crispy and tasted so, so good.

We were there about 1:30 on a Monday afternoon. We were seated immediately, the service was friendly and the food came quickly. I would definitely recommend Bolt Bistro and Bar and remember to get the sweet potato fries!

1  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed September 26, 2015 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after a trip to the Museum of History. We were very pleased. A nice selection of wines by the glass. The seafood salad tastes as good as it looked. The taco salad was a little over-dressed, but tasty. We were among the few there that rainy Saturday, so service was obviously not a problem.

Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

Food and drinks were fantastic. Service was slow but a great atmosphere. I would definitely try it again because how great the food was

Reviewed September 19, 2015 via mobile

A beautiful location that will only get better as the outside addition gets done and a great area is created for outside dinning .
A great bar and also a great place to meet and have food ... The day was so beautiful we are outside and the food and the weather combined for a great experience .
The lunch was salads , their version of the wedge with great dressing and thinly saved pieces of steak ... Give it a try and it will not disappoint ....

Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

We enjoy trying new places and tonight we were a little disappointed. Let me start off with saying the food was good. But,
The staff was dysfunctional, they could not figure out who was to wait on us and the one that did was an amateur. The ladies room was void of toilet paper which made for an uncomfortable evening to say the least. Also need to point out that business was very slow. I could go on and on but I think you get my point.