“Very Yummy, nice atmosphere.”

The Pipers Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #257 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Raleigh getting ready to relocate to the area. We were visiting a local business and decided to stop at Pipers for a bit of lunch. We were waited on by the owner's son...very attentive and personable. I had their daily special, a meatball sandwich. It was one of the best sandwiches ever, very tender and tasty! We're from Chicago and there is no shortage of restaurants, good and bad. I'd like to think that I've had my share of good and bad restaurant experiences and Pipers ranks as one of the good ones. Summer 2013.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Piper's will give you a GREAT pub meal. Prices are good, and serving sizes will fill you up. We go there for trivia on Sundays, and they accomodate our group, no matter the size. Service is always top notch. The crab and corn chowder is a must try, as well as the shrimp and grits. Check out the specials on the board when you enter.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

They play great music, maybe a little too loud for conversation. The servers are real good, and work well together.

There weren't many health options, but the portobello sandwich was so good, I had it on both visits.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

First visit went excellent. The Lasagna is very good and service was just as good. They were having a trivia contest that kept the crowd engaged and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having driven by numerous times, I stopped in for dinner and was very pleased. While enjoying a Smithwicks, I overheard who I think was the owner/manager saying that food was his expertise. After perusing the menu, I decided on the shrimp and grits. They were no less than spectacular. Smithwicks and Guiness are the two Irish beers that they have on draft and I decided to stick with them despite the fact that Fat Tire was the happy hour special.
As the name suggests, there is an Irish Pub feel to both the restaurant and the menu with plenty of other tasty treats to choose from. They have nice outdoor dining space, but I opted to sit at the bar. The atmosphere was quite congeniel with a friendly wait staff and quality bartenders. Fully satisfied, I headed out about the time that happy hour was starting to sizzle. Definitely worth the stop!