“Fun atmosphere with good food.”

The Pipers Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #268 of 1,490 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013

First visit went excellent. The Lasagna is very good and service was just as good. They were having a trivia contest that kept the crowd engaged and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Having driven by numerous times, I stopped in for dinner and was very pleased. While enjoying a Smithwicks, I overheard who I think was the owner/manager saying that food was his expertise. After perusing the menu, I decided on the shrimp and grits. They were no less than spectacular. Smithwicks and Guiness are the two Irish beers that they have on draft and I decided to stick with them despite the fact that Fat Tire was the happy hour special.
As the name suggests, there is an Irish Pub feel to both the restaurant and the menu with plenty of other tasty treats to choose from. They have nice outdoor dining space, but I opted to sit at the bar. The atmosphere was quite congeniel with a friendly wait staff and quality bartenders. Fully satisfied, I headed out about the time that happy hour was starting to sizzle. Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been here few times now when I've come down to visit my in laws. It's relatively inexpensive, good drinks specials and good food. Portion size for some of the dishes such as the fish and chips is huuuge so definitely a place to share meals. Pizza is really good as is the soups. I've tried their crabcakes as well, yummy! Overall, there is really no bad meal here and the staff is friendly and helpful! Nice tavern spot to hang out at. Outdoor seating is bit small and overall restaurant is a bit small but still a nice place to dine at.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed the food and beverages. At least three cuts above what you can usually get in a place called a tavern. They serve real entrees that are tasty, large, and obviously prepared by someone who knows what they're doing and provides a real restaurant meal instead of pub grub.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pipers has been there for decades and it's obvious why. Good food, friendly atmosphere, wonderful deck to sit on when the weather is nice and lots of locals hang out here. I've been going there for years and always enjoyed my food and drinks. Sunday nights they have the Big Slow Tom's Trvia competition which is fun. If there's a game going on, you can watch it on one of their big screen TVs with your friends and family. Enjoy!