“Flawless stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown
Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Raleigh
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel definitely showed me and my guest the “WOW” factor during my entire stay at the Hampton Inn suites Raleigh Downtown. At check in, were greeted by the Guest Services Manager and Caroline who provided us with directions and places to go in Raleigh. Caroline upgraded both of my rooms to Studio suites and had them connecting for my party of 6. This hotel was very clean and the front desk and concierge were on the ball. When I misplaced my cell phone charger the front desk guy and maintenance staff offered to bring up their personal charger for me to use. I’ve never stayed at the hotel that went above and beyond to make sure that I was completely satisfied with my stay. This hotel is pretty close to everything in downtown. Lucky B’s is a great bar if you are looking for some night life. Overall great experience !!!!!!!
Eric Brown

Room Tip: Room # 504 and 506 were perfect during my stay in Raleigh.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Eric B.,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others!

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our team! They are the backbone of the hotel and without their excellent efforts, we would simply cease to exist. Caroline is one of our newest team members, but is quickly becoming one of the many stars that we have here on our team. They all take so much pride in their work and I am extremely excited to share your comments with them.

We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel during your next visit to Raleigh!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great location, within walking distance to restaurants, short drive to downtown sites and other interesting things. Would return to this location if the opportunity arose. The desk clerks were fantastic and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you so much for your review about your experience! I am so happy to read that our location help made your stay so wonderful and enjoyable. Our location is definitely one of the many benefits to staying at our property because we are so close to local restaurant, venues, museums, and the state capitol.

I am very that our desk staff was so wonderful and helpful! Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are well looked after and I will enjoy sharing your comment with them.

Again, thank you very much for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in Raleigh!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am very picky and judgemental and I found absolutely nothing to complain about! This hotel fit our needs perfectly. The bonus was discovering that there a multitude of restaurants on the same street. Very young, hip and diverse choices. Our favorite was The View next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Monica H,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers! I am so happy to read that we could meet all of your needs! Our staff is always striving to make sure our guests are taken care of any way possible.

I am also very happy to read that our location was ideal for you. We are surrounded by so many different local venues and restaurants. The View is a great place to go and they always take good care of our guests! They are one of my personal favorites in this area, as well!

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Suites for the New Years. The room was clean and the staff was very polite and accommodating. They breakfast was standard per the Hampton Inn, sausage, eggs, potatoes,etc. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jamal T.,

Thank you very much for your review and for spending such a special night like New Years with us! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our team dedicates every minute to ensuring that our guests are taken care of and we pride ourselves in the service that we provide. I look forward to passing your comments onto our team!

Again, thank you very much for the kind words and I hope you have a wonderful 2014!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel has a great location right in the heart of downtown Raleigh. My complaints were: the parking deck across the street was super inconvenient if you had a lot of luggage like I did. I booked a king bed room and was a little unimpressed. The doors to the room were so heavy that I could barely hold it open to rolls my bags in the room. The closet space was hidden behind a mirror and for the first 5 minutes I couldn't figure out where I was supposed to hang my clothes. The room I was in had only a stand up shower. The shower has 2 tiny shelves for my showers things so everything else had to sit on the floor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lauren J,

Thank you very much for your review! It is disappointing to see that our property did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the inconveniences. For 2014, we are hiring a valet attendant that will assist our guests with parking their cars and helping with luggage. We are excited about this as we know it will make our guests happy!

It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you as we are located near many different local venues and restaurants. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at 919.825.4770. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Staff was really great, and the facilities are all brand new and updated. I was commuting from New England to North Carolina weekly from October through December's end. The staff was helpful, accommodating, and generally cheerful, greeting me by name when I came in the door. Raleigh has a free bus that travels in a loop around the city, so going out without a car after hours was safe and easily accomplished. I would recommend this hotel with enthusiasm.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HamptonRaleighDwntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Raleigh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear 124jclang,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed all your stays with us and hopefully we were able to make it feel as your home away from home! We take pride in our service and hospitality that we provide. Hopefully we will see you again in the New Year!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel. First of all, this hotel is in a club district. I was here on business and the music was literally shaking my room until 3 am. I called the front desk and they didn't even say sorry, they simply said its in a club district. I had a meeting for work that I had to be at at 8 am the next day and I was so tired from being up all night! The comforters say that they are washed every day but mine had blood on it. I asked them to wash it on the first day and they still had not washed it by the time that I had checked out two days later. I had to sleep without a comforter on. Very unhappy.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cheryl W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers. I would first like to extend my sincerest apologies for the noise you experience from the surrounding venue and for the way our team member handled your complaint of the noise. The way our team member handled your situation is not normal for us and I definitely be addressing this with the team member and our whole team to ensure this never happens again. We take pride in the service that we provide and we always strive for providing the best service and hospitality out there and I greatly apologize that you did not have this experience. I know this was beyond frustrating for you. Thank you for letting us know if this issue so we can ensure it is addressed and this does not happen again.

I would also like to apologize for the spot even being on your comfortable and even more for them not changing it after you had requested it to be washed. I will be talking with our front desk and housekeeping team to find out why it was never changed and to make sure that they are honoring every guest request.

Once again please do accept my apologies for the shortcomings during your stay and I can assure you that we will spend some time with our team raising your concerns to their attentions.