“Wow. Wow. Wow...”
Review of Bida Manda

Bida Manda
Reserve with OpenTable
Bida Manda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,484 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: R Line, R15 City Center Deck, Moore Square Stop
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating the diverse food and culture of Laos. Bida Manda is one of the very first Laotian restaurants in the US. Sanskrit for father and mother, we name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospitality, and the power it has in bringing people together. Our parents' recipes are the inspiration for our menu. Every dish on our menu is exactly what we grew up eating. They are the kind of dishes you might find on the street corners of Luang Prabang and at a Laotian home. Come in and go away with us on sensational culinary journey to Laos. ------ Whether it is a birthday dinner for 10 guests or a corporate event for 100+, we will work with you to craft your memorable dining experience. Please contact Vansana Nolintha at vansana@bidamanda.com for more information.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Best restaurant I've been to in Raleigh. Hits on all cylinders. Service was wonderful. Atmosphere is casually charming. Food and drinks were inventive and delicious, especially the thai basil margarita and any of the green papaya main courses. Everything we had was interesting and fabulous - and reasonably priced. I even liked the crowd. If you like Thai food, you'll like this food as well. One caution - the food is spicy. I ordered my meal medium hot - and it was very spicy.

2  Thank susannTheGo

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stumbled upon this place after a late arrival in Raleigh last week. I didn't expect much to be open but Raleigh is one bustling town at 11pm on a Wednesday night. This place is near Moore Square Park which is 3 blocks off the beaten path of Fayetteville Street (7 min walk). The atmosphere here is really nice and the food is excellent. We are both vegetarian so we thought we were in heaven:) There is plenty to choose from for veg's and non-veg's. The service is attentive and the prices are about what you'd expect. I will definitely return when I go back to Raleigh in the fall.

1  Thank Godby
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband, and I have visited Bida Manda multiple times since they open over 2 yrs. ago. I can honestly say their service, staff, and food gets better each time we go.
We appreciate Van's(owner/operator) hospitality, and can certainly appreciate that he remembers us as soon as we walk in through the door. A member of their staff, Dina has been their since day one- which shows her commitment tot he team, and consistency in the operations of the restaurant. Keep up the great work. We'll back to visit soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This place is awesome...from the atmosphere, service, food & cocktails. Everything was outstanding. Our server was very friendly and helped us with suggestions on what to order because everything on the menu sounded great. Definitely check this place out if you are in Raleigh! Cant wait to go back!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're downtown and looking for something different, check this place out. The staff are all nice, and the restaurant is gorgeous. The food is good too, what a treat !
We had several of their app's, all tasty, you choose, one of our party got the soup dish as a main, it is in the Main section of the menu. That was killer, something like PorkBelly soup, it comes with the Laotian noodles, and greens submerged in the soup and pork.
The rest of us shared plates like pumpkin curry, ginger chicken, and papaya with chicken, all really good.
Enjoy, I'm confident you will, Salida1048

1  Thank Salida1048

Been to Bida Manda? Share your experiences!