“Amazing!!!!”
Review of Bida Manda

Bida Manda
Reserve with OpenTable
Bida Manda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,526 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: R Line, R15 City Center Deck, Moore Square Stop
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating the diverse food and culture of Laos. Bida Manda is one of the very first Laotian restaurants in the US. Sanskrit for father and mother, we name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospitality, and the power it has in bringing people together. Our parents' recipes are the inspiration for our menu. Every dish on our menu is exactly what we grew up eating. They are the kind of dishes you might find on the street corners of Luang Prabang and at a Laotian home. Come in and go away with us on sensational culinary journey to Laos. ------ Whether it is a birthday dinner for 10 guests or a corporate event for 100+, we will work with you to craft your memorable dining experience. Please contact Vansana Nolintha at vansana@bidamanda.com for more information.
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I live 2 hrs from Raleigh. So to celebrate our anniversary before seeing a concert, we saw that Bida Manda was #1 on Trip Advisor and thought we'd go. OMG! The food was amazing and unlike anything we can get locally. The waitress made so many great suggestions! We had a memorable anniversary and we can't brag enough about how great it was!!!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were visiting our son at State and wanted to take him to a new place. I found this place on Trip Advisor and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our son had ribs with a ginger sauce, yum! I had a salad with Duck and my husband had the curry chicken. They had local craft beers on tap and the wait staff was very attentive. We would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent food. I had the papaya salad and my husband had the pho soup. We would highly recommend both. We had the stuffed pepper appetizer (I cannot remember the name of the dish) which is outstanding. We got there early for lunch, around 11:45 and the restaurant quickly filled up so get there early. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I went for our anniversary, and it was one of the most enjoyable of our 52.
Everything we had was excellent - and the Cashew Ginger Chicken outstanding!!!
All the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

You must go to Bida Manda! My husband and I went for our anniversary earlier this month and can't say enough good things about it. We arrived a little early & sat at the bar to enjoy a cocktail and some apps. We chose the summer rolls (so fresh I swear they just picked the veggies from a garden), also the soft shell crabs, which were very good. The bartender was attentive and very knowledgeable. We were seated for dinner, they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and we said yes, our anniversary. Then the owner brought us 2 glasses of Champagne, nice touch. I ordered the Saffron Crepe with shrimp and once again, it was so good, with fresh ingredients from that same garden... My husband chose the pork ribs which were very good, however, he seemed to like my choice better. Then they brought us Macaroons for dessert (on the house like the champagne)
Wonderful experience, we will be back.

Been to Bida Manda? Share your experiences!