“Go early, even for lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bida Manda

Bida Manda
Reserve with OpenTable
Bida Manda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,440 Restaurants in Raleigh
Cuisines: International, Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: R Line, R15 City Center Deck, Moore Square Stop
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating the diverse food and culture of Laos. Bida Manda is one of the very first Laotian restaurants in the US. Sanskrit for father and mother, we name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospitality, and the power it has in bringing people together. Our parents' recipes are the inspiration for our menu. Every dish on our menu is exactly what we grew up eating. They are the kind of dishes you might find on the street corners of Luang Prabang and at a Laotian home. Come in and go away with us on sensational culinary journey to Laos. ------ Whether it is a birthday dinner for 10 guests or a corporate event for 100+, we will work with you to craft your memorable dining experience. Please contact Vansana Nolintha at vansana@bidamanda.com for more information.
NC
“Go early, even for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. I had the papaya salad and my husband had the pho soup. We would highly recommend both. We had the stuffed pepper appetizer (I cannot remember the name of the dish) which is outstanding. We got there early for lunch, around 11:45 and the restaurant quickly filled up so get there early. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. I can't wait to go back.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Raleigh
“Certainly Lived Up To The Ratings!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I went for our anniversary, and it was one of the most enjoyable of our 52.
Everything we had was excellent - and the Cashew Ginger Chicken outstanding!!!
All the staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Great Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

You must go to Bida Manda! My husband and I went for our anniversary earlier this month and can't say enough good things about it. We arrived a little early & sat at the bar to enjoy a cocktail and some apps. We chose the summer rolls (so fresh I swear they just picked the veggies from a garden), also the soft shell crabs, which were very good. The bartender was attentive and very knowledgeable. We were seated for dinner, they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and we said yes, our anniversary. Then the owner brought us 2 glasses of Champagne, nice touch. I ordered the Saffron Crepe with shrimp and once again, it was so good, with fresh ingredients from that same garden... My husband chose the pork ribs which were very good, however, he seemed to like my choice better. Then they brought us Macaroons for dessert (on the house like the champagne)
Wonderful experience, we will be back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington, DC
“Date Night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went to Bida Manda using Open Table on a Saturday night at 6 pm (so it was still somewhat early in the night). We were seated immediately upon arrival at a 4 top table - which is great because it was easier to fit all the food we ordered.

The shrimp crisps were nice - good flavoring and texture. We ordered the Fresh Summer Rolls which were average - good but nothing interesting. The soft shell crab appetizers were really good, although could have used a little more sauce/liquid. Although I'd definitely order those again.

My husband had Grilled Duck Breast Green Papaya Salad since we'd heard that was a signature dish. The duck breast was cooked perfectly and he cleaned his plate.

I ordered the Manda's Herb Salad and got it with shrimp. It reminded me of a Vermicelli Rice Bowl from my favorite Vietnamese restaurant and was wonderful. Both entrees were so large, my husband couldn't even help me finish mine at the end.

I'd definitely return and might order the same things (minus the summer rolls) although I'm also interested in trying other dishes which I assume will be good based on our experience.

I wasn't a big fan of the cocktail, but the wine menu is pretty decent.

Visited October 2013
Raleigh
“Great Small Business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is great, very authentic. Great interior and the dish is very unique. Its laos coffee is the best coffee I've ever had.

Visited August 2013