“You've got to check this place out!”
Review of Bida Manda

Bida Manda
Reserve with OpenTable
Bida Manda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,465 Restaurants in Raleigh
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: R Line, R15 City Center Deck, Moore Square Stop
Description: Right in the heart of downtown Raleigh, Bida Manda is a thoughtful and sharp gathering place celebrating the diverse food and culture of Laos. Bida Manda is one of the very first Laotian restaurants in the US. Sanskrit for father and mother, we name the restaurant Bida Manda as our way of honoring our parents in Laos who taught us everything we know about food, hospitality, and the power it has in bringing people together. Our parents' recipes are the inspiration for our menu. Every dish on our menu is exactly what we grew up eating. They are the kind of dishes you might find on the street corners of Luang Prabang and at a Laotian home. Come in and go away with us on sensational culinary journey to Laos. ------ Whether it is a birthday dinner for 10 guests or a corporate event for 100+, we will work with you to craft your memorable dining experience. Please contact Vansana Nolintha at vansana@bidamanda.com for more information.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“You've got to check this place out!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Oh man this was one of the best meals I have ever had!! Just awesome.

I had the green papaya salad with lemongrass chicken; just superb. The stuffed Anaheim pepper appetizer is very good as well. My husband tried the pumpkin curry and it was delicious and my son had the ginger beef. All excellent. The presentation is great, the service awesome, and the desserts are very good as well. Try the house made coconut cream or the pumpkin spice cookies or the homemade mango ice cream you can't go wrong with any of them.

Full service bar with some pretty interesting drinks, try the thai tea toddy!

We will be back.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great food and a great atmosphere. Not exactly a cheap dinner by any means, but as Raleigh's only Laotian restaurant (I think), they couldn't have done it better. Definitely worth a trip downtown.

Visited August 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Great find downtown”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My wife and and where in town for a blue grass festival. I was looking for a restaurant near where we were going to be and found Bida Manda here on Trip Advisor....this was a very good find...the restaurant was busy and we where able to sit at the bar. This was a great experience as the bartender was great and knew the menu.The staff was great as was the food? I plan to come back when in Raleigh.

Visited September 2013
Cary, North Carolina, United States
“Delicious, Fresh, and Light”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a Friday night date at Bida Manda, and enjoyed every bit of it. We followed the advice of several other posts, and got a reservation. Once there, we started with the crispy rice lettuce wraps as an appetizer. Then, I ordered the deliciously seasoned green papaya salad with grilled vegetables. My husband ordered the sweet chili salmon. All was absolutely delicious. Servers were attentive, efficient, and friendly. We will definitely be going back!

• Visited September 2013
“the food "pleased my eyes" before it pleased my palate!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Enjoyed a family birthday dinner here on a Wednesday night. The place was "hopping" lots of good energy! Very impressive first impression! Service was impeccable and the food was as delicious as it was beautiful to look at. Definitely a place to return to whether it be to sit at the bar or to have a intimate dinner in the dining room. Raleigh is lucky to have such a gem! It is also locally owned and operated--I know this because the owner served us our drinks!!
Make it a point to check Bida Manda out!!

• Visited September 2013

Been to Bida Manda? Share your experiences!